A&H

academies

jojo

Assistant World Cup Sweepstake Organiser
Level 7 Referee
I was just wondering, my p.e. teacher works for a local league 2 club as a scout, and he said he would find out about refereeing in academies, but he hasn't done, so I was wondering how do academies get appointed referees? do you have to go to them? a certain 'league'? it would only obviously be for the very young players, but I was still wondering? thanks

The Referee Store
county fa may be able to help you, apart from that ive always known it to be through contacting clubs or knowing other refs who may not be able to do the game and need you to do it.

From my experience, U16 and lower are generaly ref's found by the club, where as U17 and up are apointed by CFA or FA. However, some academies will pass on their fixtures to the CFA and they will appoint.

In my area, you contact and academy and they tell you whether they would like to take you on or not. I contacted Arsenal and Tottenhams academy, but that have a full panel of referees for this season and so I am going to have to wait for someone to drop out :(... My day will come ;). Keep taunting the football players at my school telling them how I might be going to Arsenal's academy ;). Some of them get slightly confused :p

i have some smaller clubs in the football league (1 and 2) that are very close to me so I will get in touch with them! I also have some 'larger' clubs like you have tried to contact near by! I will try to get my p.e. teacher to find mention me to the club he scouts for, especially as he's is trying to teach me to be a referee at the minute, even though I am more qualified than him (at refereeing!)!;)

It's worth a try! At the end of the day, a game where ever is experience!

Usually the way with PE teachers ;)... Mine played football for England's deaf team, but still thinks he knows all the laws inside out :3

My PE teacher plays for a non league team, but I don't know who... A game for an academy is probably better than one for my normal league, but I would be letting my league down! That could cause some issues, they might not give me as many matches if I am doing academy matches! I will see! Just need the weather to go right, then I can get a few more games under my belt! Why did I chose a november course! Silly me!

Always look on the bright side!;) I need matches now, but for the stupid weather!

Back