A&H

Abuse this season?

Cheshire Ref

RefChat Addict
I just wanted to gather peoples thoughts on levels of abuse this season. Have you noticed an increase? I most certainly have and i would go as far to say i have received more abuse this season than my other 8 put together. I have had 4 OFFINABUS red cards, ALL 4 have been to a player i have just sin binned. Is anyone else finding this season difficult or is it just me?

The Referee Store
I've had one RC for OFFINABUS, which is my first this season and my second in three seasons. I think I've had less sin bins than dissent YC's in previous seasons so far.

i've had 2 offinabus and 2 misconducts for additional offinabus (manager and player) this season

easily my most in a season and we're not even half way through!

My dissent count is much higher, yet I'm happier with my overall handling of games :confused:

1 OFFINABUS for a player.
1 dismissal for a coach.

Not noticeably different and it’s from the usual suspects, ie teams that typically have a discipline problem.

Decreased for me.

Last season we had that spike thanks to the International competitions letting dissent run wild.

At the moment my dissent cautions are down by 5%. We shall see if it stays that way.

No real change in my experience. One RC this season (and only one for OFFINBUS in 5 seasons) for OFFINBUS and so far no sin bins. I think I had ~3 sin bins last season.
Abuse is something I thankfully have rarely experienced or I'm too ignorant to notice.

Not necessarily abuse but I would say I've heard a lot more whinging during games which has increased my dissent card count. Frustratingly I've experienced this with a couple of teams who previously had a good reputation for their behaviour.

I seem to have more moaning and sin bins but less OFFINABUS and the like.

I think having sin bins help because let's say a player makes a silly challenge, gets a yellow, then exhibits dissent.

Whereas previously that player would be sent off, and the team feeling hard done by, they now get a sin bin. They've not cost their team the game but they also get a sanction.

If you combine this with the stepped approach, you'll find more often than not players groaning at the offender and not you.

Back