A&H

Open Age a strange occurence

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
Bit of technical question:
a player receive his first sin bin, after his return he receive a second sin bin.
Question: after his second sin bin, does he have to leave FOP? or he can stay with his bench?
the reason i ask is that the same player made some OFFINABUS remarks which i heard, and duly dismissed him with a red card.

The Referee Store
Bit of technical question:
a player receive his first sin bin, after his return he receive a second sin bin.
Question: after his second sin bin, does he have to leave FOP? or he can stay with his bench?
the reason i ask is that the same player made some OFFINABUS remarks which i heard, and duly dismissed him with a red card.
He must remain in the temp dismissal area, or at least that is what is implied.

Yes. As he is not sent off. A sent off player must leave the immediate vicinity of the pitch.
A player whom tots up sin bins takes no further part in the game.

If the player takes no further part in the game, but offends with OFFINABUS once his second sin bin has expired, I'd be guessing that this would then be recorded as extraordinary misconduct rather than a red card?

If the player takes no further part in the game, but offends with OFFINABUS once his second sin bin has expired, I'd be guessing that this would then be recorded as extraordinary misconduct rather than a red card?

I'd be guessing not.
Red carding a sin binner would surely be no different to red carding a sub?

Reactions: one

Within the time period of your authority, the only person on the teamsheet you can not red card is one that is already red carded. So in this case, show him the red card, get him to leave the area and put a send off report him.

On the report I put down the 2 sin bin and red card no misconduct as he went from FOP.
If CFA queries it I'll explain it.

Back