A&H

2016-17

I've not had a proper read of the new laws yet either.

I'm waiting for the copy I ordered from my CFA to turn up, then I'll read them and get my Mrs to test me. She plays in the local women's league, so it wouldn't hurt her to get to know the new laws either.

I expect the preseason cup I'm officiating in in August to be fun, and when I go and watch my Mrs play in Clackton in June should also be interesting.

The Referee Store
Hmm our outdoor season just started. Will be interesting if our FA goes with the new laws before the end of the season in October. Our summer break doesn't start until the end of June. Our training courses are mostly done. In the capital region we have something close to a thousand games a week. That's a lot of players, coaches, and especially refs to educate mid season.

But it will be odd to watch the Euros with the new DOGSO rule, if we then return to our leagues with the old rules... I wonder how it will go...

Hmm our outdoor season just started. Will be interesting if our FA goes with the new laws before the end of the season in October. Our summer break doesn't start until the end of June. Our training courses are mostly done. In the capital region we have something close to a thousand games a week. That's a lot of players, coaches, and especially refs to educate mid season.

But it will be odd to watch the Euros with the new DOGSO rule, if we then return to our leagues with the old rules... I wonder how it will go...

Watching the new on TV and implementing the old will be a lot better than changing mid-season, that's for sure!

Leagues wouldn't normally switch laws halfway through. You'll be using the old laws.
I don't even think most referees will understand the new DOGSO law. Players won't have a chance.
At the professional level, I have no doubt it's just going to translate to 'no red card for any PK DOGSO' (except for one of the exempt offences).

Back