A&H

20-21 Season restart

The Referee Store
I’m leaving abroad, and I don’t haven’t done safeguarding course, what if I move to the London next week? What should be my steps?

You should still be able to referee open age, i need to do a Safeguarding course as well and can't yet, so it's just my Saturday leagues and finding OA friendlies at the moment for me.

You should still be able to referee open age, i need to do a Safeguarding course as well and can't yet, so it's just my Saturday leagues and finding OA friendlies at the moment for me.
How many games a week can we serve without safeguarding license?

how long does it take to make DBS check?

and are these games start in August?

As many as you like/can get, as far as I know. Just have to be open age games.

No idea about how long.

Yes, grassroots football has been given the go ahead to start competitive games in August.

All of the answers remain the same as when you created multiple posts a month or so ago.

When you arrive in the Uk you need to speak to your County FA who will give you all of the details relevant to your area. Until that time there is not much you can do.

Re safeguarding: I thought that to register for this season (20/21) you had to have a valid safeguarding qualification, whether or not you were only doing Open Age.

When I re-registered I had to renew my Safeguarding by doing the online course as my original “classroom” based safeguarding qualification expired during the last season.

For friendlies, there tends not to be an organised system for getting referees. Clubs tend to ask themselves, so if you are not here and known to the clubs, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to get any matches quickly.

As the cubs organise matches, then appoint referees so some clubs could have all their matches filled. Until you are in the Country and have UK contact details, you will not get any matches, As others have said, you need to get registered in the UK with the County FA. They can then help you though getting matches, they may even appoint a mentor since you will be new to refereeing in the UK (and in general) to help you with the various admin tasks.

The CFA will also register with the FA discipline system, which you will need for reporting caution and dismissals.

I am afraid that you are trying to deal with too much from abroad. Until you are registered with the CFA you are not covered by their insurance. So, first get registered and then deal with refereeing.

As we've told you before these are all questions that you really should be referring to the Referee Development Officer of the county you are moving to. You aren't going to get registered and CRC / safeguarding qualified by posting on an anonymous web forum.

Hope you are keeping well.

As per our previous correspondence, from FA Education it appears that you have completed either ‘The FA Safeguarding Children – A Guide’ or ‘The FA Introduction to Safeguarding online’.
To complete the Online Safeguarding Re-certification you are required to have completed The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
which is a Face to Face course.

According to their records, unfortunately you have not completed this Face to Face course and therefore cannot complete the Online Re-certification until you have done so.
I will of course update you when courses can safely be re-scheduled.
However because the Coronavirus has impacted on our ability to implement certain of our safeguarding requirements linked with the referee registration, the requirement for all referees safeguarding training certificates to be in-date has been delayed until the start of the following season - 2021-22.
Regards

That's taken straight from an email with my FA.

I then asked about OA, and was told I'm OK to ref that.

Edit - this is from the OA email

You can referee open age and youth football this season (20/21) but need to have completed the course to register for the 21/22 season

Kind regards

Hope you are keeping well.

As per our previous correspondence, from FA Education it appears that you have completed either ‘The FA Safeguarding Children – A Guide’ or ‘The FA Introduction to Safeguarding online’.
To complete the Online Safeguarding Re-certification you are required to have completed The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
which is a Face to Face course.

According to their records, unfortunately you have not completed this Face to Face course and therefore cannot complete the Online Re-certification until you have done so.
I will of course update you when courses can safely be re-scheduled.
However because the Coronavirus has impacted on our ability to implement certain of our safeguarding requirements linked with the referee registration, the requirement for all referees safeguarding training certificates to be in-date has been delayed until the start of the following season - 2021-22.
Regards

That's taken straight from an email with my FA.

I then asked about OA, and was told I'm OK to ref that.

Edit - this is from the OA email

You can referee open age and youth football this season (20/21) but need to have completed the course to register for the 21/22 season

Kind regards
Hi,

thank you for your reply.

You need to have completed a course - Are you talking about safeguarding?

can I go fromL7 to L6 with OA matches

For friendlies, there tends not to be an organised system for getting referees. Clubs tend to ask themselves, so if you are not here and known to the clubs, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to get any matches quickly.

As the cubs organise matches, then appoint referees so some clubs could have all their matches filled. Until you are in the Country and have UK contact details, you will not get any matches, As others have said, you need to get registered in the UK with the County FA. They can then help you though getting matches, they may even appoint a mentor since you will be new to refereeing in the UK (and in general) to help you with the various admin tasks.

The CFA will also register with the FA discipline system, which you will need for reporting caution and dismissals.

I am afraid that you are trying to deal with too much from abroad. Until you are registered with the CFA you are not covered by their insurance. So, first get registered and then deal with refereeing.
I am already accepted by my FA as L7, only think I have to do is to register.
I agree with you I’m dealing with too much from abroad, I work everyday on my referee skills, and can’t wait to be in the buisness

Back