A&H

2 reds, first and last of the season

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Our futsal season ended today. I had 2 lower division playoff finals. I haven't given a red this season. Match control has been good and no one has got silly... until the first final.

I've just given a general warning about encroachment and my man in red blocks a kick in for a very easily sold yellow. Except, here comes the red mist. At the first f-bomb I warn him, the second, I am ready to give two yellows, by the 7th and 8th I am quite ready to give the straight red... but he won't stop... won't attend... and then coach refuses to help. I eventually give the red and have to threaten abandonment to get the coach to move him on.

I stayed calm and the threat worked fantastically well, all thanks to tips from refchat. Nice one.

Same team's GK goes walkabout, loses the ball and then commits blatant DOGSO for another straight red two minutes later. The opposition score to end both man-down penalty periods. But the reds still come out 6-4 winners.

And of course, even though the opposition have benefited from two red cards, which lead to two goals, they lost, so they still want to argue about a couple of other minor incidents after the final whistle. If there's one thing I regret, it's not yellow carding one player for a "you don't know the rules" after the final whistle. Because I do, and he doesn't!

I got good feedback afterwards. And the player and coach apologised. Yes, I reported. Just a little sad that the top two teams in this league were so niggly, mouthy and unsportsmanlike. Great game for the 40-odd fans though!

The Referee Store
Back