A&H

2 points of interest. Hearts v Celtic

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47396837

Cant see from the camera angle if player was offside at the through ball, assuming he was, anyone flagging?? Note, am not saying he was or was not, more, if he was, do you think he has gained advantage/interfered/influenced, whatever this weeks buzz word is

That aside, surely that's a mandatory caution for the Celtic player who concedes the pk?? both incidents in same passage of play from 2mins 30

The Referee Store

Cant see from the camera angle if player was offside at the through ball, assuming he was, anyone flagging?? Note, am not saying he was or was not, more, if he was, do you think he has gained advantage/interfered/influenced, whatever this weeks buzz word is

That aside, surely that's a mandatory caution for the Celtic player who concedes the pk?? both incidents in same passage of play from 2mins 30
SPA, DOGSO, whatever, it's a caution
I had something similar at the weekend. Gave the penalty and 'lost' the man guilty of the foul because I got distracted by the protests. Therefore couldn't issue the caution. I'd have got slaughtered for that by an observer, but then I'm entry level, not SPL

I had something similar at the weekend. Gave the penalty and 'lost' the man guilty of the foul because I got distracted by the protests. Therefore couldn't issue the caution. I'd have got slaughtered for that by an observer, but then I'm entry level, not SPL

That was my thinking. I can 100% understand losing the man at public park, but on this instance its top level, there are 3 other officials, and tbh, the players are isolated enough. Its not been a talking point at all but had Celtic player already been on a yellow, then am sure Hearts would have been quick to remind ref of that.
It sends out a message to us at weekend, that the card is forgiven full stop on a DOSGO when there is an attempt for the ball :(

If its spa its downgraded to no caution. So you need to make your mind up, either way. Unless you deem the challenge to be reckless in its own right, of course. Any event you've got to diffrentiate the SPA and DOGSO.

I cant see any way in this planet or any other planet how its not a DOGSO. Its an actual open goal from 11 yards out with ball at feet !!!
Yes it not exact centre but thats bordering on a ludicrously lame excuse !!

h v c.png

Yeah I'd go DOSGO.

If he's offside in the build up, I would flag when he goes for the challenge. If I was in two-minds, I'd hold the flag up and chat to the referee to see what he thinks?

If its spa its downgraded to no caution. So you need to make your mind up, either way. Unless you deem the challenge to be reckless in its own right, of course. Any event you've got to diffrentiate the SPA and DOGSO.
Good point @JamesL
I had forgotten the no YC for SPA when penalty awarded for attempt to play the ball :oops:
Just as well I did lose that player at the weekend! Goes to show that I'm an exceptional referee in terms of AOL even when I **** up ;)

I cant see any way in this planet or any other planet how its not a DOGSO. Its an actual open goal from 11 yards out with ball at feet !!!
Yes it not exact centre but thats bordering on a ludicrously lame excuse !!

View attachment 3178
It agree its a DOGSO.

What about the Hearst red card ?

Didnt see much in that myself.
I'd like to see from refs angle but I'd lean towards a correct decision. There's a clear throw of the arm/elbow which in my mind is VC.

Red card correct.
That is interference for me, my flag is up when he gets close.
Reckless challenge and DOGSO-Y for the pen, should've been a caution.

Red card correct.

100 %😁 from me
Red card correct.

Back