A&H

2 games today

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Haven't had many of late due to work so was pleased to get back out on the green.

First was an u13 match which finished very one sided. Double figures to nil.
With that in mind, the winning team twice were called offside by myself (same player) in which the bench loudly (making sure I can hear) tell the player he was clearly miles onside and that I have no clue what I'm doing.
On the second offside the player had a go after the bench shouted and kept arguing despite me telling he was a good 3 or 4 yards offside.
Called him over and the bench start shouting again and he again gets a "boost" to keep having a go. Warned him about his attitude and he told me "whatever, we all know you're wrong".
Cautioned him for dissent (Scotland, no sin bin). His bench/parents sarcastically clap.

In the 2nd game both teams clearly physical and good players.
Games kept flowing and no "real" complaints.
Mid way through 2nd half away left back, after not having throw given to him, he boots ball away about 20 yards. Cautioned him which he took.
Home player replicates this 10 minutes later (they've since equalised) and he too ends up in the book.
5 minutes later he clatters the keeper but actually hurts himself in the process. He gets up and I've shown him 2nd yellow and sent him off. Que abuse from home side.
"He's hurt and you're sending him off?".
Ignored them.

At end of the game, I've gone to my to sort myself out and could hear his end of game chat with his players. Several times he's made comments about my refereeing - always a red card, pretends his in the premiership etc. He said he'll have to drop this certain player because its now the 3rd time I've sent him off apparently in 3 years.
Heard it all but didn't react. Waited for all the leave and went and received payment from him. He told me I had a good game!
This is the same man that just slagged me off to his players for the red card, missed penalties (sorry, they weren't even fouls) and being bigger than the game.

I felt I had a good game in both.

The Referee Store
Back