A&H

0-0 Draws

Justylove

RefChat Addict
I'm coming up to 4 years since I passed my Refs course and I realised that i've never refereed or been an AR on a 0-0 Draw.

I looked through the 14 Divisions of Adult Football that I can middle on and saw that so far this season there have only been 8 0-0 draws across all of the matches in those divisions. My theory is that the games further down the pyramid are more open and the defenders are more likely to make mistakes and allow goal scoring opportunities.

Whats the betting now i've mentioned it, my game tomorrow will finish 0-0.....?

The Referee Store
Justy you have wayyyy too much time on your hands :D My only 0-0's have ever been double headers!

Had a 0-0 a few weeks ago, was absolutely dire. Think there was about 3 shots on target all game.

Wasn't one of those games where the teams were being good defensively either, it was just dire all round.

With the exception of a couple of small sided tournament games that have finished with pens I've never reffed a 0-0 - only once have I run the line on a genuine 0-0 after 90 mins - I've done over 250 games in 5 years.

I had a 1-0 last week, I think that's the closest I've come in 5 years of refereeing though.

In 8th season of refereeing, ref'd all ages from under 8s all the way through to adults. Like Santa, ignoring small sided 1 day tournament games, never had a 0-0.... yet! :D

Looking back, I've had 3 x 0-0 in 12 years of refereeing. There's always a bit of pressure in a 0-0 or similarly close game, you need to keep up your concentration to avoid any match deciding howler in the final minutes.

Weird, my first ten games had two of them end in 0-0 draws. Both games were full of chances but somehow neither team could score in both gamesa

Got to 85 minutes at 0-0 and it looked nailed on, then the away side went and scored to win 1-0....

Bizarrely, my first ever goalless draw occurred on Saturday. It's taken over 6 years. ...

In 15 years as a referee I've never been involved in a 0-0 game. Never had one as a player either; mind you, we were usually 4-0 down by half time on a good day!

I did a nil nil in a cup game which I was on the line last season. I think they could still be playing now and still not have scored. Went to pens

Not been reffing long but my first ever game was a 0-0 draw, not even an exciting one.

I actually had one on Sunday. It was atrocious - Defensive players falling over everywhere and still no goals!!

Back