The Ref Stop

Recent content by RustyRef

  1. R

    Macedonia v Scotland

    No way that would be given in the EPL, but we know that in Europe if the ball hits your hand or arm and it isn't pinned by your side you are in a spot of jeopardy.
  2. R

    Advantage on an Offside Offense

    You can't really win, as if you play advantage and the keeper then miskicks it straight to an opponent the same coach will be demanding a free kick.
  3. R

    Ukraine vs Northern Ireland

    Agree, I can only assume the fact he missed with both legs, and only made contact with his trailing body, saved him. Stupid tackle, and lucky to get away with it, but I've seen worse non-VAR interventions.
  4. R

    throw in protocol

    That's the key point, to get to the sideline. Referees are only expected to start the countdown once a player is deemed to be taking too long. I watch a lot of football and as far as I can see they are applying it correctly, but this does include an element of common sense. Classic example...
  5. R

    Classic offside lesson

    The biggest mistake is the attacker, all he had to do was delay his run by a fraction of a second and he'd have been in his own half. Or his team mate who didn't need to pass the ball, he could have just carried on running, although they'd probably have then still stuffed it up by passing to...
  6. R

    Man City scandal: will it make reffing the upcoming Liverpool v City game harder?

    There's very little doubt that the Liverpool fans will find some creative ways to add to Man City's misery, that's just what football fans do. But I don't think it is likely to affect the match officials, once you get to that level you have learned to zone out of everything other than the game.
  7. R

    Open Age 'Get control of the game, ref!'

    I'd be tempted to respond with something like the one thing I definitely haven't lost control of is the ability to send you to the sin bin for 10 minutes, so I'd suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.
  8. R

    Penalty goalkeeper 'protest'

    It is, but that is a by product of the codes never having been updated since 1995 when SPA became a thing. Which just demonstrates how pointless they are, either keep them up to date or scrap them.
  9. R

    Penalty goalkeeper 'protest'

    Totally agree, it hasn’t been updated for decades and doesn’t reflect current law. The fact that SPA, probably the most common USB caution, isn’t on there says it all really. I’m far from convinced that the C1 caution codes are used for anything. I would guess that the person who created the...
  10. R

    First adult game last week...my thoughts

    That almost certainly breaks the forum record for resurrecting a (very) old post 😂
  11. R

    Replay due to misapplication of law

    There are several precedents for this, it will always result in a replay. And the 4 officials will be looking for something to do for the next 21 days as they certainly won't be refereeing football games. As for the original decision, I suspect Woodford just asked a question originally and the...
  12. R

    Stoke v Sheffield United

    They wore their 3rd choice outfield kit ... And their away keeper kit ... Probably doesn't look too bad at pitch level. Can only assume they couldn't use their 3rd choice keeper kit as deemed to be too red to potentially clash with Stoke. There were probably limited choices, clearly...
  13. R

    Brighton v Arsenal

    I'm normally all for sanctioning a kick when the ball is nowhere near as VC, but this was much more of a trip than a kick and it is probably a push to say it used excessive force or brutality. Certainly not enough for VAR to get involved.
  14. R

    Junior/Youth Young referee – intimidating behaviour from manager & linesman. What should I do?

    There can only really be a discipline issue if sanctions have been issued by the referee during the game. At grass roots it is very difficult for CFAs to start disciplinary proceedings where no cards have been issued. But safeguarding is different and they can implement proceedings there...
  15. R

    Man Utd vs Man City

    As it was given offside people would have just accepted it as Haaland looked from the TV angle. Had the goal been given the broadcasters would have drawn their own lines, incorrectly, said the assistant was wrong and demanded there should be technology to help the officials.
Back
Top