The Ref Stop

Recent content by RefereeX

  1. R

    Paris Vs Arsenal Ladies

    I don’t hate the idea in principle but sometimes GKs have minor leg niggles that mean they continue to play in goal but can’t kick the ball long. Seems a little unfair to effectively penalise a team for this and only ever give them the option of playing short
  2. R

    Real W vs City W

    The only concern for me with impeding a player being treated the same is that players should make an active effort to avoid the referee in the same way that referees should avoid players (imo). I don’t want to open the door to a world where a player who isn’t getting to their opponent will run...
  3. R

    Real W vs City W

    Incorrect in law... but I've done it before in the right scenario. It's right for the game IMO. Very unlucky that it's resulted in a goal. With that said, you're gonna piss someone off either way if the ball goes in, so you'd rather be correct in law and piss someone off than incorrect in law...
  4. R

    Penalty goalkeeper 'protest'

    I would imagine a coincidence. The way I read law, the goalkeeper not facing the kick would be no different to him being off his line... therefore if the kicker scores no issue, only a retake if keeper saves it.
  5. R

    Referee Whistle Lanyards

    Ahh egg chasing. Fair enough.
  6. R

    Referee Whistle Lanyards

    I was just intrigued because I don't know anyone who uses a pea whistle in football refereeing. I struggle to get enough sound out of the 'high tech' whistles!
  7. R

    Referee Whistle Lanyards

    Out of interest, is that the actual whistle you use while refereeing in the top photo?
  8. R

    Sunderland v Arsenal

    I think @Ryanj91 meant would have been the first time VAR got involved for mistaken identity in the prem (if they did).
  9. R

    Club score

    As a maths geek I think you were correct originally in that ‘average’ in every day life most commonly means ‘mean’ (or at least it does to me) but the mean, median and mode are all averages!
  10. R

    Club score

    This isn't true, because MOAS is always unavailable shortly after midnight 😁
  11. R

    Club score

    I'm one of the worlds worst for looking at club marks, but I do agree... they don't have a lot of value. I'd say less than 50% mark fairly. Some mark emotionally, some will always mark high and some will always mark low.
  12. R

    Club score

    It depends on what level you're at. If you're a level 4, I believe it's from the day 11 days after the date of the game. If you're at level 3 or above you can see the mark as soon as it's submitted (on the overall review tab), although you still can't see the report until that date.
  13. R

    Arsenal vs Chelsea

    I might be in the minority ere but I'm perfectly happy with Gabriel not being sent off for the kick in the face. Had there been a lot more force or it been with studs leading rather than the top of the foot, then absolutely a red, but it was a genuine attempt for the ball (albeit a silly one)...
  14. R

    New LoTG - Injuries - Liking it!!

    @Big Cat to clarify, when I said ‘for anyone’ I didn’t mean if an entirely different player receives treatment for an unrelated issue at the same time, but I think you know what I meant
  15. R

    Real Madrid vs Real Betis

    Yeah I’ve seen that. What I’m saying is if some part of the body is touching the ground, but there is a foot that isn’t, the wording implies the foot that isn’t could still be considered, because of the use of OR.
Back
Top