The Ref Stop

Recent content by PP62

  1. PP62

    Paris Vs Arsenal Ladies

    It doesn’t matter what the player thought, there was a clear directive during pre-season to referees and clubs that in this exact scenario a penalty will be awarded. If this referee had used “spirit of the game” she would have been wrong in law and likely wouldn’t officiate in UEFA games any more.
  2. PP62

    Real W vs City W

    Being pedantic, it wasn’t a disallowed goal as the referee blew her whistle before the striker took a shot at goal. I’m with the others though as it’s incorrect in law.
  3. PP62

    Paris Vs Arsenal Ladies

    I agree with most of this and like you will react on the day dependant on appeals. I go to pre-season meetings every year and keep up with law changes/updates and I understand professional players are also briefed on these changes. This exact scenario was covered this pre-season so either the...
  4. PP62

    Referee Portal vs Full Time?

    We don’t have to do anything on Full Time but are expected to submit a report on Centre Circle, including photos of team sheets with substitute times, cautions and sending offs.
  5. PP62

    Atalanta v Dortmund

    I gave IFK for a low head earlier this season and everyone else was bemused! First time I’ve ever penalised this, maybe the last.
  6. PP62

    Rochdale Vs Scunthorpe

    I saw a clip of the restart this morning but can’t find it now. The goalkeeper who “knows the law 😂” picked the ball up then rolled it towards the edge of the penalty area to take the free kick!
  7. PP62

    Middlesbrough v Blackburn

    A similar clip was shown at an RA meeting as part of a presentation by a current EFL referee. I felt that as the ball wasn’t there and was a deliberate kick it should be a red card. However, the referee doing the presentation and an SG2 referee was there both said the PGMO guidance was the level...
  8. PP62

    First red card

    In the situation of OP I probably wouldn’t have produced a red card. However, anything that would be OFFINABUS at open age will still be a red card at 13/14 age group. My late father-in-law used to say “you encourage what you allow” so basically don’t have anyone taking the p1ss out of you...
  9. PP62

    Stockport v Wigan

    I used to dislike running the right back position as AR. I was really unimpressed when I was appointed to a NPL play off semi final and was told we were running the opposite diagonal. If it’s the referee’s preferred option it wouldn’t be fair to ask them to change.
  10. PP62

    Stockport v Wigan

    The referee did suspend play soon after this. The ground staff did a great job getting the game back on again but it took just over an hour. On social media the fans were extremely complimentary of how the officials handled the delay. The game finished 1-1 and was decided on penalties.
  11. PP62

    Stockport v Wigan

    https://www.skysports.com/football/video/12606/13469148/watch-as-assistant-referee-is-tormented-by-a-rainy-leaky-roof?dcmp=SSEFLwhatsapp It never rains……….. You have to feel for the poor assistant here, he couldn’t have got any wetter but this was just rubbing it in.
  12. PP62

    2nd MDC

    I got level 4 at 49, kicked off at 50 (fitness test) and got level 4 again at 52. I had a great time so just go for it.
  13. PP62

    Centre Circle

    I’ve used CC for county cup availability over the last couple of seasons and didn’t really like it. This season our league has gone over to it and I am warming to it. Match confirmations and reports are much easier to do now. I still don’t like opening dates rather than closing them but that’s...
  14. PP62

    Leyton Orient vs Stockport

    Not a huge fan of Refsupportuk but this post from them is crazy!
  15. PP62

    Situations That Have Never Happened To You

    None, but dozens of last minute penalties!
Back
Top