The Ref Stop

Recent content by Peter Grove

  1. P

    Advantage on an Offside Offense

    Just to confirm what @ARF has already correctly stated, the actual wording of Law 5 in this regard is as follows:
  2. P

    Classic offside lesson

    And least the commentator knows the law. He's saying that it was offside because, "the goalkeeper isn't there."
  3. P

    Paris Vs Arsenal Ladies

    Wouldn't have made a difference here, though. The ball was already outside the GA when Williamson handled it.
  4. P

    Scotland v Switzerland

    I feel that's because the law was changed to where it's now not only an attempt to play the ball that downgrades the offence to a caution. The current wording says that, "the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball or a challenge for the ball ..." Since a challenge...
  5. P

    Man City scandal: will it make reffing the upcoming Liverpool v City game harder?

    I personally think it will have little to no effect. A club's guilt in relation to financial offences has virtually nothing to do with how a game is refereed. I also don't see as to where people will be looking at refereeing decisions in the light of financial irregularities, even ones as...
  6. P

    Ball hitting the referee

    That's true, but I wonder if he realised this or someone had a quiet word in his ear because it happened again a little later and he didn't stop play for a dropped ball.
  7. P

    True Story...

    I bought a vinyl record yesterday called "Sounds Wasps Make". When I got home and played it, I said to myself, "This doesn't sound anything like wasps." Then I realised, I was playing the bee side...
  8. P

    Middlesbrough vs West Bromwich Albion

    The picture below shows part of the scenario for a potential problem with Middlesbrough's first goal. The scorer Lankshear looked to be clearly in an offside position when his team mate Whittaker took a shot. The ball came back off the post, hit the goalkeeper on the back of the head (or...
  9. P

    West Brom 2 game ban for handball

    Based on the articles I've read, this particular wording, and the provision by which a player can be suspended for two games after scoring by deliberate handling is a new rule though, just brought in at the start of the 2024/25 season.
  10. P

    West Brom 2 game ban for handball

    As retrospective punishment for scoring an illegal goal? Do you have any examples?
  11. P

    West Brom 2 game ban for handball

    According to the Times article below: West Brom striker given two-match ban for ‘deception’ after handball goal
  12. P

    West Brom 2 game ban for handball

    I think that's right - any of the offences listed above that fall under E3.1, would be subject to VAR review in the Premier League.
  13. P

    West Brom 2 game ban for handball

    They can do it because there's a specific section of the FA Disciplinary Code (Section E3.1) that was brought in before the start of the 2024/25 season, which authorises this exact punishment for, "Successful Deception of a Match Official." See results of a search on FA Rule E3.1 below.
  14. P

    Amendment to Law 12.

    While I might not be in favour of this particular amendment myself, if you want it to be officially considered you should send it to the IFAB using the email address: [email protected]
  15. P

    UEFA World Cup boycott

    Well, that went well for Infantino, didn't it? Infantino officially scraps controversial plan but future as Fifa president in jeopardy
Back
Top