The Ref Stop

Recent content by ladbroke8745

  1. L

    Man Utd v Tottenham

    Wow. What a mess. Bentacur was, in my opinion unlucky to be sent off when we've seen that type of head to head go unpunished (with a red that is) with Shaw absolutely milking it... However, despite getting the ball, I'd argue it was a foul in the first place as felt the speed and distance that...
  2. L

    West Ham v QPR

    Are we agreeing its a howler? Many reports and fans on Socials are saying it was outside (I think the challenge starts outside but contact made was inside) but that he also "got the ball". So, what are your thoughts...
  3. L

    Macedonia v Scotland

    Handball penalty.. Harsh in my opinion.
  4. L

    Scotland v Switzerland

    I thought it was pulling outside. I actually thought, as screenshot above shows, I continued into area to be fair but you're potentially right, the last action could be more a push than pull. But was definitely pulling beforehand.
  5. L

    Scotland v Switzerland

    I watched in an empty Glasgow pub (well, it emptied after the card) and said the same (before yellow came out). Was absolutely shocked to see the colour.
  6. L

    Scotland v Switzerland

    VAR intervened for penalty awarded and yellow for a DFK and red. But the offence was pulling. It may have stopped on the line (I thought it continued in) but either way I thought that would be red all day. The "double jeopardy" shouldn't apply as it was not a genuine attempt for the ball. He...
  7. L

    Brighton v Arsenal

    I thought that too. Hadn't seen anything for a while lol. Refs must be doing a good job...
  8. L

    Brighton v Arsenal

    One question. How was Rice not sent off? Yes the Brighton player was the instigator of the issue but he actually made a deliberate move to him and took a swipe at him, making actual contact. Try send someone off today for that and hear their replies. The EPL are not helping.
  9. L

    Spectator Sent Off (with Red Card!)

    Well, I say spectator.... He wasn't even there!! My next door neighbour used to manage one of the age groups of one of our local teams until they aged out this summer just gone. His son plays for a younger age group. At his sons game, apparently the game was very feisty. It was a cup game...
  10. L

    Arsenal vs Chelsea

    Because of training for a new job it's been on silent in "background" so not seen whole game.
  11. L

    Arsenal vs Chelsea

    Touche.. I meant after the have placed it on the cone they shouldn't get involved. Chelsea player went to get it for the keeper and the ball person pinched it.
  12. L

    Arsenal vs Chelsea

    Rice (he does it a lot when you think about it, players on attack) trips Rogers whilst trying to get into the area and gets away with it. Rogers gets cautioned for complaining about it. And also, thought ball kids are not meant to touch the ball..
  13. L

    Boreham Wood v Carlisle

    I probably should add, if they're on here (or not), that they are probably very decent refs and people to boot. It was just an ironic coincidence of names on the same game.
  14. L

    Boreham Wood v Carlisle

    Not exactly a TV moment so cant put it there but found this funny.. The 3 surnames of the officials today... Couldn't make it up either.
  15. L

    Ipswich Vs Liverpool

    And in the Brentford game, Bogle trod on Schades foot after the ball has gone. Very little difference. But different VAR usage. Its very silly to send him to screen but then stop him short of it to check offside. But this was to shorten delays. The delay being a few seconds at best really.
Back
Top