The Ref Stop

Recent content by ARF

  1. A

    Advantage on an Offside Offense

    Advantage can be played for any offence (or incorrectly taken restart) that occurs, where the other team will benefit from playing advantage - so as the attacker committed an offside offence, you can play advantage from it.
  2. A

    Paris Vs Arsenal Ladies

    Hm, I'd argue that the sentence after that pretty much scuppers that view though - if the goal kick can be taken inadvertently, then no judgement is required on the intent of the kick.
  3. A

    Rolling Ball Restart - Advantage

    Ball is in play at a throw-in when it enters the FoP. Does that mean a legally taken throw-in where a player is stood almost entirely inside the line with their heels just brushing the touchline can't legally put the ball in play either, if the ball isn't outside the FoP at some point of the...
  4. A

    Rolling Ball Restart - Advantage

    I don't see why not. No, because it's a retake.
  5. A

    Delaying goal kicks ..

    I don't see why not, provided the delay was solely down to the same player every time. If it's entirely down to the keeper each time, I'd warn on the second and caution on the third, just like with the eight seconds. However, if it was a defender fart-arsing around to the point you begin the...
  6. A

    Delaying goal kicks ..

    In that scenario I think it should just be the countdown being used, and if he hasn't taken the goal kick in time, give the corner. I would be saving the caution for if the GK has booted the ball out the ground/into the neighbouring gardens/two pitches over etc. Then call for a new ball and...
  7. A

    Delaying goal kicks ..

    Oh I think I see why I'm confused - you're referring back to the OP, right? I was just responding to Pembroke's follow-up question about not being able to caution a GK for DtR.
  8. A

    Delaying goal kicks ..

  9. A

    Delaying goal kicks ..

    How so?
  10. A

    Delaying goal kicks ..

    Effectively yes, unless the goalkeeper is on a mission to either get himself carded or wind up the opponents by delaying the corner. However... Law 12 does still allow for a caution for delaying the restart for a player kicking the ball away after the referee has stopped play - so if the keeper...
  11. A

    Delaying goal kicks ..

    From the description provided here, the referee was incorrect in law. "If a player is unfairly delaying the taking of a goal kick for their team, the referee will whistle and signal the start of a five-second countdown. The referee will visually count down the five seconds with a raised hand...
  12. A

    WSL Crystal Palace v Everton rules breach

    At lower levels where they use the Standard Code of Rules, protests "relevant to the dimensions of the pitch, goals, flag posts or other facilities" must be lodged with the referee prior to kick-off, any other protests must be lodged within seven days of the match. However, there doesn't appear...
  13. A

    WSL Crystal Palace v Everton rules breach

    Despite having seen it said several times on social media that Crystal Palace only turned up with 8, a clip that AFC Wimbledon posted of a goal in the first half shows they had 11 on the field at that point!
  14. A

    Deliberate or not? Handball by a sliding defender

    For me this is not a handling offence. The arm was down to cushion the fall, and there is no chance for the defender to move his arm out of the way - it's a completely natural position IMO. The hand doesn't move from first touching the ground to the ball hitting his arm, it's only because he's...
  15. A

    Dealing with sweaty match cards and notepad

    I've had similar sweat issues so far this season - hoping we've seen the last of the hot weather! I use the b+d compact set (same as The Ref Stop one, I believe). Had to make sure I was putting it back in my pocket with the card side facing outwards rather than inwards in order to stop it...
Back
Top