A&H

You giving a second yellow for this?

The Referee Store
Why wouldn’t you? The player is saying,”please, please give me a car, please!”

having a first yellow is not license to be a complete knucklehead.

this is on the player, not the ref.

It is pointed out in Twitter that the card was not because of his antics with the ball but because he said to the ref: "Are you going home on West Brom coach you thunderc@nt?"

That word is so umderused

I obviously didn't read into the comments here because I didn't know about the dissent... 😅

I obviously didn't read into the comments here because I didn't know about the dissent... 😅
Dissent?
I find it hard pressed to calling someone a Thunder C U Next Tuesday dissent!! Added to that the suggestion of bias or implied cheating he should have been sent off with a straight red card.

That said the source is Twitter so I wouldn't trust that as a verified what was actually said.

"Thunder C" would fall under personal attack, right? So a straight red card is appropriate?

Agreed about the Twitter source.

"Thunder C" would fall under personal attack, right? So a straight red card is appropriate?

Agreed about the Twitter source.
It falls under offensive, insulting and abusive language, which is a red card offence, yes.

Dissent is defined as:
"Public protest or disagreement (verbal and/or physical) with a match official’s
decision; punishable by a caution (yellow card)"

Language such as is alleged to have been used for me goes way beyond what we can consider as dissent.

Agreed, James!

I wasn't differentiating between "offensive, insulting and abusive language" and "dissent."

I thought the former fell under the category of the latter but they are two separate offenses. You're spot on!

Throwing the ball at a player who isn't looking at you when you are on a yellow is risky, then immediately doing it again is challenging the referee to give you a second one. Especially if accompanied by "fruity" language, although I find that Twitter claim a bit hard to believe, even if Andy Woolmer decided not to pull a straight red his body language almost certainly wouldn't have been that calm if someone had really used the words claimed.

Especially if accompanied by "fruity" language, although I find that Twitter claim a bit hard to believe, even if Andy Woolmer decided not to pull a straight red his body language almost certainly wouldn't have been that calm if someone had really used the words claimed.
This. ^ ^ ^ ^
All day long. I totally doubt the accuracy of that Twitter claim and believe the referee acted based on the double idiocy of the player involved. :cool:

Parking amy potential dissent or OFFINABUS, I don’t see the ball being thrown in an aggressive manner, if the W Brom player wasn’t intent on time wasting, he would have caught it & taken the throw in.

Parking amy potential dissent or OFFINABUS, I don’t see the ball being thrown in an aggressive manner, if the W Brom player wasn’t intent on time wasting, he would have caught it & taken the throw in.
If it was in an aggressive manner it would be VC rather than a second caution. Don't think anyone is trying to say that, rather he has thrown the ball twice against a player not even looking at him, why no just roll it to his feet? He knew what he was doing, and Ben Pearson has previous for his disciplinary record (88 yellows and 4 reds).

If it was in an aggressive manner it would be VC rather than a second caution. Don't think anyone is trying to say that, rather he has thrown the ball twice against a player not even looking at him, why no just roll it to his feet? He knew what he was doing, and Ben Pearson has previous for his disciplinary record (88 yellows and 4 reds).
Although difficult to ignore, it is unfair to judge based on a person's previous record – people change!

Back