A&H

world cup prediction league

Bahhhhh ive dropped considerably! I finished my exams last week and have been busy sleeping, coaching, job searching and setting fire to my A Level work! I suppose I better mount some sort of challenge haha!

Group E

France 3-1 Ecuador
Switzerland 2-0 Honduras

Group F

Nigeria 0-2 Argentina
Bosnia 2-0 Iran

Group G

Germany 3-0 Ghana
USA 1-1 Portugal

Group H

Algeria 1-2 Russia
South Korea 0-4 Belgium

The Referee Store
First and foremost, a big welcome back to steve c. I assume that there's no chance of re-sits, steve, with your notes drifting out over the mersey.

Argentina's 3-2 win means one point each for everyone but hullref

Bosnia's 3-1 win means one point each for alex, mike, owen, svenny, tealeaf, steve c and hattersfan

Table after 42 matches

Hattersfan 32
Haywain 27
Svenny76 27
Hullref 26
Jojo 25
Tealeaf 25
Alex71 24
Mike 23
Steve C 23
Owen Webster 22
Tom-Henderson 19

Hatters 5 point lead is beginning to look a little ominous for the chasing pack, where svenny moves into equal 2nd. Steve's return starts well with two correct results but he remains in 9th.

Last edited:
Haha, you cant toast marshmellows that way though ;) Ill try to mount a charge but if not oh well! Haha!

... surely points scored will be doubled for the 2nd round onwards ...

Alex, I've just completed a 14 hour shift helping to support people with autism who display challenging behaviours and your post made me smile.

There speaks the voice of someone in urgent need of points, I thought. :)

Ecuador v france, the draw predicted by alex alone for one point

Switzerland's 3-0 win gives one point to steve c, alex, jojo, owen, svenny and haywain. As for hatters, he nails another one .... and alex's idea of additional points for the knockout stages is looking better by the minute

Table after 44 matches

Hattersfan 35
Haywain 28
Svenny76 28
Alex71 26
Hullref 26
Jojo 26
Tealeaf 25
Steve C 24
Mike 23
Owen Webster 23
Tom-Henderson 19

Hatters lead is becoming increasingly impressive with every game as steve c moves up one place to 8th and must be regretting his brief absence even more after predicting 3 correct results on his first day back

Last edited:
Alex, I've just completed a 14 hour shift helping to support people with autism who display challenging behaviours and your post made me smile.

There speaks the voice of someone in urgent need of points, I thought. :)

If F1 can double points to give teams chance to catch up then so can we!

It'll be triple for the quarter finals please then quadruple then ... errr ... ummm ... can someone smarter than me insert the x5 word thingy !!

Keep up the great work Haywain - on all fronts

And I think its pentuple, hexuple, heptuple, octuple, nontuple and dectuple (x10) but I dont know for sure haha! I hope that this wont factor into my maths A level result... haha!

Germany's win over the u.s.a. was predicted by all but tealeaf and tom, tho' nobody went for the 1-0 scoreline

As for portugal, steve c, owen and jojo nailed it whilst there was one point each for hullref, alex, mike, svenny and haywain

So hatters big lead is reduced by 1 point to 6 and tom now finds himself well adrift at the wrong end of the table

Table after 46 matches

Hattersfan 36
Haywain 30
Jojo 30
Svenny76 30
Alex71 28
Hullref 28
Steve C 28
Owen Webster 27
Mike 25
Tealeaf 25
Tom-Henderson 19

Belgium and russia are our favourites to win tonight with 8 people going for a belgian victory and one for south korea. Russia v algeria is a little closer with 4 going for russia and 2 for algeria

Hatters has gone for russia and belgium, tom for algeria and south korea. Hmmm!

Last edited:
And I think its pentuple, hexuple, heptuple, octuple, nontuple and dectuple (x10) but I dont know for sure haha! I hope that this wont factor into my maths A level result... haha!

Think it's quintuple for five and sextuple for six ;)

Belgium's 1-0 victory and the russian / algeria 1-1 draw give mike a fantastic double whammy

A Belgian victory was also predicted by Hullref, tealeaf and steve c, alex, owen, svenny, hattersfan and jojo

Jojo and svenny both predicted the 1-1 draw whilst owen, too, went for a draw

Back