A&H

Wolves vs Newcastle

The Referee Store
It. Is. Not. A. Foul. FFS.

I get there was contact but if var is giving this because its not 'clear and obvious' then var needs a rethink

As a die hard nufc fan, for me, it was extremely soft but Taylor had a cracking angle and must've seen something to give it initially. Definitely feel it should've had a review and no PK

3rd game of the day for me, with the middle one being the Spanish game between Barca and Madrid...
Hearing the same/similar songs in this game than I did in the earlier PL game - "you're not to referee" and "can we have a referee?".

Why do fans think they know the laws compared to those dedicating their lives.

If there's a contact on the Newcastle player (which I think there is) I'm stunned that folks dont think it's a pen. 🤷🏻.

"A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following
offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be
careless, reckless or using excessive force:
• kicks or attempts to kick"

He is attempting to kick the ball, the Newcastle player nicks in ahead, defender attempts to pull out of kicking attempt and is just not quick enough to prevent the kick on opponent. I think the uproar here is the punishment (PK) seems harsh for what was clearly not intentional, but for me it's a pen.

Think it's football (ifab/pgmol etc) as a sport tbh

Just give the right decisions

Watch Spain, Italy, Germany, MLS ect

Clear and obvious has shifted to mean "what would most pro refs say is the right decision?"

The original idea of VAR was to avoid the Henry handballs but those are rare and it was not a sustainable standard. PGMOL still stuck in the "can we find something to support the refs call" mode.

I think that VAR wouldn't have suggested the ref went back to award a pen if he hadn't awarded it in the first place. But it's not a wrong decision.

This thread is an example of the England vs Rest of the World rift. It seems almost every post so far is on the side of no PK being the best decision. So now we need to address if >90% of qualifed refs looking at video thinking no PK is right should be C&O or should C&O only apply to Henry handball level errors.

Back