A&H

Wolves v Everton

So after the decision for the red card being changed surely it shows Pawson got it wrong.
Not neccessarily. Its more about how sky report it remember they have no access to the referees or clubs until post match. So they've assumed dogso. But later been corrected by someone who knows what it was for.

Clear SFP tackle for me and wouldnt argue too much about dogso either

The Referee Store
I was interested to come on here and see the views of you all, as an Everton fan and when it happened I didn’t even think it was a foul.

It’s clear that by the LOTG it is a red card, such a shame that tackling has almost gone from the game though, 1985 it’s not even a free kick but the changes in law there to protect players.

Outcome of RC is the same, ban is longer though I believe, 3 games not 1?

I’d of been proud of that tackle back in the day!

I was interested to come on here and see the views of you all, as an Everton fan and when it happened I didn’t even think it was a foul.

It’s clear that by the LOTG it is a red card, such a shame that tackling has almost gone from the game though, 1985 it’s not even a free kick but the changes in law there to protect players.

The reason the attempted tackle had to be made in the first place was because of the poor touch taken by the defender, its his lack of skill here which is to blame, not a change in law or nothing which has been altered over the years. 85 95 2055, the player takes a good touch, we dont get the lunge that follows
Which is why we dont see the more skillfull players red carded for sfp, instead its the more cumbersome ones....

While it’s true his poor touch and lack of concentration and awareness around him put him in that position it’s rubbish to suggest that would have been a red card in 1985

While it’s true his poor touch and lack of concentration and awareness around him put him in that position it’s rubbish to suggest that would have been a red card in 1985

Really! Rubbish?
The name Kevin Moran not mean anything to you, esp as an Everton fan?
In of all years, 1985

I doubt you could have chosen a worse statement if you tried!!

One tackle in the whole of the 80s you have mentioned, there was probably less than 30 red cards in a decade but ok.

It’s clear that by the LOTG it is a red card, such a shame that tackling has almost gone from the game though,

I know right! It's insane to ban tackles that can break opponents legs and ankles. Football in the 80s would have had a player like Messi retire at 24 because someone broke his leg and got a yellow card for it.

I ageee, not defending the red card just saying it wasn’t a foul in the 80s

I agree, if that was a red card in the 80s every game would have finished 8 vs 8. That stretches into the 90s, can you imagine how many times Vinny Jones would have been sent off over and above the 12 that he did pick up ... ?!

But we aren't in the 80s or 90s and football is totally different now.

I put two players in hospital in my career as a player ninth early 80's, one, a goalkeeper, two committed players into a tackle and i caught his patella, and it fell away from his knee!! Not good but certainly not intentional!!

Second one, a ****y midfielder, did the old 360 tackle on him just like Vinny Jones - Steve Macman, totally intentional!! **** got what he deserved!!! Changed the game, we won the second half!! :D

I ageee, not defending the red card just saying it wasn’t a foul in the 80s

And thankfully it is a foul now. Players are so much faster and stronger now. If tackles that were allowed in the 80s were legal now, football would be an incredibly brutal game.

Back