A&H

Wolves v Arsenal

What about the red card just for deliberate handball which it looked like too me it was as Leno just smacked the ball away. So even if there was no DOGSO, I would expect a keeper especially to be sent off for that.
Why? Where in law is deliberate handball a red card? Never has been, never will be. The only time a handball can be a send off is for dogso or second bookable offence.

The Referee Store
With the speed of the ball i'm not sure where the attacker would have stopped the ball. To me this is not 100% but it's possible. Do we send of for possible or definite DOGSO?
The attacker is Traore, one of the fastest there is!;)

Serious question for all - would you take this into account?

Traore obviously could catch the ball, but on a Sunday morning or in a youth or women' s game is this still a red?

What about the red card just for deliberate handball which it looked like too me it was as Leno just smacked the ball away. So even if there was no DOGSO, I would expect a keeper especially to be sent off for that.
And the same for a defender too? Deliberate handball is not always a straight red.

Traore obviously could catch the ball, but on a Sunday morning or in a youth or women' s game is this still a red?
For me, yes.. I'm backing most folks to be able to catch up with that ball from that position. Only thing against it would be could an attacker get into that position in the first place.

For me, yes.. I'm backing most folks to be able to catch up with that ball from that position. Only thing against it would be could an attacker get into that position in the first place.
Also remember that the goalkeeper is out of play so any defender getting there also can’t use their hands so it improves the chance of scoring a goal even more

I'm amazed there is even debate about the Leno DOGSO send off. Why do we think he did what he did? He realised he was missing the ball and that it would be a certain goal, panicked and swatted it away with his hand.

With the speed of the ball i'm not sure where the attacker would have stopped the ball. To me this is not 100% but it's possible. Do we send of for possible or definite DOGSO?
There has to be an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Not necessarily a certain goal.

:eek:

If you are a referee, you really need to spend time with the magic book! The only possible way this could be red is if it is DOGSO. Indeed, the only way handling by any player can ever be a straight red is for DOGSO. It is an absolute myth that GK handling outside the PA is a send off.

I would be more inclined to take into account the general level of play more than a particular player. And that is for the considerations in general. To be extreme, what is an obvious scoring opportunity in a professional game might not even be a particularly good opportunity in a game with 11 year old rec players.

Back