A&H

Why Why Why!!!

Steve C

The Unfit one!
Watching Liv vs Chelsea and I thought why wasnt Emre Can and a couple of other Liverpool players booked for dissent when they ran up to the ref, surrounded him, arms flailing and shouting?

I never see people getting booked for dissent in the Prem.

Watching Barca vs Atletico and about 5 players were booked for dissent for the same type of thing! I thought well done Senor Gonzaléz!

English refs need to grow some CAHONES! when it comes to dissent!

The Referee Store
Lucas shouted right into the face of the ref to fudge off, from close distance, 3 or 4 times.

:rolleyes:

I dont understand why tho, if they dish yellows out for dissent games would be easier to ref as all 22 players may be more apprehensive about tackles due to a yellow looming over their head

This is, without doubt, my biggest issue with the referees at the top level.

Every single week they turn a blind eye to dissent and OFFINABUS. By failing to deal with it, they're letting down EVERY other referee; it filters down and this is exactly why players at lower levels and kids in particular think that it's ok.

if the referees did the job properly it would lead to a raft of suspensions. cue complaints from the teams, and the pgmol, fa cant handle it. do you want to stay in the select group. dont do your job properly

What jofusref just said is exactly why you see the nonsense at prem level that you do.

It's all about money and teams kicking off that their overpriced morons get suspended for swearing at a ref etc. FA and PGMOL don't want that hassle hence once your at the top it seems to be more "sit down shut up"

Very similar to the England manager position. FA dictates.

Could not agree more. I hate the English trend that a player can question something, then his team mates can line up one after another and have a pop. It makes our life so much harder at Sunday league level. As they watch motd and see that's fine, then we dish out red and yellow cards and get crucified for it.

After watching a game in the Spartan League (Step 5) today it appears that it isn't just a problem in the Premier League... Player shouts at ref from about 5 yards away 'F*** off you F****** C***, after a foul for a push. Everyone heard (it was on the other side of the ground), and even the lino near us looked bemused when the referee turned a blind eye, not even saying a word. If that doesn't define OFFINABUS I don't know what does. :(

After watching a game in the Spartan League (Step 5) today it appears that it isn't just a problem in the Premier League... Player shouts at ref from about 5 yards away 'F*** off you F****** C***, after a foul for a push. Everyone heard (it was on the other side of the ground), and even the lino near us looked bemused when the referee turned a blind eye, not even saying a word. If that doesn't define OFFINABUS I don't know what does. :(
Add cheat in there and I think you've nailed it :D

The quicker you and I get promoted to the Spartan and sort it out, the better, eh Mike ;)

During my days doing Coaching , I had an U16 player sent off after the game for calling the Referee a F------g w-------- , I told him straight you can't carry off like that and that he was out of order and would be fined and he should respect the Referee's decisions, his response was as simple as this "Rooney does it" It says it all what you are on about above.

During my days doing Coaching , I had an U16 player sent off after the game for calling the Referee a F------g w-------- , I told him straight you can't carry off like that and that he was out of order and would be fined and he should respect the Referee's decisions, his response was as simple as this "Rooney does it" It says it all what you are on about above.

He's also partial to gumjobs from OAPs. Rooney is always the justification. Hardly a role model on or indeed off the pitch.

Shrek 7: Wayne and Colleen go to LIDL

Exactly the Prem league players show little respect for Ref's I personally think it's disgusting, I know if it was me Refereeing I would give a verbal warning in the outset and then I would not hesitate to produce a card if necessary.

Exactly the Prem league players show little respect for Ref's I personally think it's disgusting, I know if it was me Refereeing I would give a verbal warning in the outset and then I would not hesitate to produce a card if necessary.
There's no need for the warning. If it is directed at you just dismiss the player. If you start issuing warnings before taking action on OFFINABUS then you are part of the problem.

I think you misunderstood and that is sometimes the trouble with trying to convey a message via a written format and usually things get missed, for the likes of abusive language then yes a card is to be produced for OFFINABUS, as I have with a player who said to me you are a smack head Referee, my verbal warning is with respect to the hounding and encroachment into my personal space..

a player who said to me you are a smack head Referee, my verbal warning is with respect to the hounding and encroachment into my personal space..

the question remains, is being called a smackhead insulting or just downright stupid

now....if you are a smackhead

Back