A&H

Why can't you be more like..,

boblardo

Level 5 Referee
when I referee I always do the best I can and interpret the laws of the game correctly and appropriately. Sometimes this means I apply sanctions using both my yellow and red cards when required

I always send in any discipline and match cards on time and correctly

However, I had heard players say "why can't you be more like x or more like Y?".

Now I know both x and y, they are ex players who know everyone and try and be friendly with everyone only using cards for the most serious offence although they rarely report to the league or county

I'm looking to go for promotion so will continue to do the right thing. X and Y have no interest in promotion and would rather remain popular with players

I guess I'm only whinging as these refs obviously get good club marks as they have often been appointed to important matches i.e. Cup semi finals/finals

They have been refereeing the same length of time as me

Maybe I should me more like X and Y

The Referee Store
I have little experience yet as a referee but I would say you'll get your rewards eventually

From the sound of it I don't like X or Y ....if it makes you fell better :)

Sounds a little too familiar with the teams. Have you thought about doing a few different leagues and mixing it up?

GL with promotion.

when I referee I always do the best I can and interpret the laws of the game correctly and appropriately. Sometimes this means I apply sanctions using both my yellow and red cards when required

I always send in any discipline and match cards on time and correctly

Maybe I should me more like X and Y
You got it right in the first line. You always do your best, that's all that matters. Sure, learn some things from other referees in the way they deal with situations, but you can only ever be you, you can't be them.

Not putting discipline through to the appropriate CFA leads to players not being sanctioned for their crimes and provides the potential for bigger problems down the road- players who should be serving bans playing in games where their actions cause bigger issues due to them believing their 'style' is acceptable.

Don't be x or y, put the cautions and send offs in and report any club who asks you not to.

You aren't last week's ref or next week's ref...you are the referee for that game and 'ITOOTR' what you give is right - nil illegitimi carborundum!

Back