A&H

which of the premiership refs do you like/take note of

That is true but there are some talking complete rubbish as well.
One of the assistants for Howard ever time he blew was asking if its a yellow, and some of the foreign refs, assistants well I think I would give them the yellow card and tell them to shut up lmao.....

The Referee Store
IF (BIG IF) I ever got near to a level that uses microphones I would have to have special head set as I know have to wear a speak hearing aid and I can plug headphones into it and it sears BEHIND my ear and not in it.

That could be fun. but I have to say I fully agree and support the recording of the conversations of refs and asst ref - I think that is starting this season. It will stop incidents like MC incident happening again

I think my favourite part is the ?swedish referee who's name escapes me, who after the final whistle says "I am not god!" Very funny.

Fascinating insight into the referees world at that level

I liked it when one ref said to the players after the final whistle in sorry we all make mistakes no one is perfect. The players seemed to accept that

There are some referees who have made their assistants wear special headsets where a button needs to be pushed in order for what they're saying to be transmitted because a lot of ARs will talk to themselves on the line (I know I do) saying things like "He's good right now, he's good right now, now he's off, he's back on, 6 is holding him on" just to make sure I'm focused. So that is a problem that can be fixed.

Dave, I've said it on another thread and I'll say it again here be very careful about apologizing to players/coaches for your mistakes!!!! It works for Massimo Bussaca and his crew because they're widely known and extremely respected among players (he's among the most respected referees ever, incl. Perluigi Collina) so they accept it because they know he works his arse off and bleeds for football. On the other hand, your players don't really know you, likely don't really respect you (no fault of your own), and probably don't think you put in any extra time at all outside of the 90 minutes that they see you working. It can easily backfire either right then, when they bemoan you for making those mistakes -- a bemoaning you've kinda brought on yourself -- or in the next match they see when they see you and go "uh oh, here comes Mr. Mistakes".

for me webbe all the way i also like chris foy but also for my assistant referee Darren cann mike malarkey but i do like that peter frefort even thou he swedish and retired he reminds me of me in my first season and that how im like now that i stand for no messing and never does he

Back