A&H

which of the premiership refs do you like/take note of

oh liner

Oh liner
I like to watch Michael Oliver for the positions he takes up, always up with play but understands the game enough not to get too close. Sometimes I find I am getting too close, I suppose it depends on the level of the game.

I also like Lee Probert, just for the fact that he looks like he really loves the game and has a very good rapport with the players. He is always smiling

The Referee Store
Howard Webb every day of the week - prob helps he used to work for the police and I currently work for old bill.

He knows how to control the players and likes to keep 11v11

He has an ora of respect around him

Have you watched the documentary "the referees", Dave? It follows the refs at euro 2008 around and shows what they were saying to each other on the pitch, how they dealt with bad games, what they were like at home with their families, etc. Howard Webb is one of the main refs they follow, I found it fascinating.

I quite like Mark Clattenburg, I know he gets a fair bit of stick but he isn't afraid to make a big call and has been eagle-eyed on a number of occasions this season. I also thought Howard Webb played some fantastic advantages yesterday during the Newcastle - Arsenal game, and he seemed to communicate really well with the players when the cameras were zoomed in on him.

I've always been a big fan of Mike Dean. He seems to have a good rapport with the players and isn't afraid to make the big calls!

Aside from that, I've also always been a fan of Mark Halsey. His performances have dipped a little this season, but a good referee nonetheless. I love the way he tries to keep the game moving and the way he chats to the players!

James said:
Have you watched the documentary "the referees", Dave? It follows the refs at euro 2008 around and shows what they were saying to each other on the pitch, how they dealt with bad games, what they were like at home with their families, etc. Howard Webb is one of the main refs they follow, I found it fascinating.

I quite like Mark Clattenburg, I know he gets a fair bit of stick but he isn't afraid to make a big call and has been eagle-eyed on a number of occasions this season. I also thought Howard Webb played some fantastic advantages yesterday during the Newcastle - Arsenal game, and he seemed to communicate really well with the players when the cameras were zoomed in on him.

No I haven't James - I'm going to have to try and find a copy somewhere - any ideas where to start - but thank you for that

Has to be Howard Webb for me! Met him tonight and he is such an inspirational guy! Quality referee too!

At Charlton Athletic's ground for a referee Mastermind Group, run by the London FA. Very inspirational guy!

Looks like it has been removed :/ although if you search for "the referees" on itunes you can buy it for £7 or rent it for £3.50

Howard Webb for me. The way he carries himself is superb, good decisions and very consistent. That referees documentary is really good. HW comes out of it with extra respect.

just a shame his World Cup final will always be remembered for him allowing some crazy tackles to unpunished :rolleyes:

Looks like it has been removed :/ although if you search for "the referees" on itunes you can buy it for £7 or rent it for £3.50

Its a very good watch. However Im not sure how much is cut out, I have never known a dressing room be so quite at half time. I find it hard to believe that they all sit there and not talk about the first half.

And apart from that I think I would be taking my ear phone out I couldn't be listening to all the talking rubbish all the time, and all the questions about what decision I had just gave.

Great watch.

I loved it one of the first things HW says when chasing the ball "F-ING HELL"

Love it that they all speak to Rach other and we can here it. Everyone is just speaking out loud and not just in their mind - I think it's great. You might be thinking YES/NO but your mate on the line gives you that re-ASSURANCE yes def foul YC. Saves you going over to him as this looks like you are unsure/not confident and also looks like the asst ref has given the YC and not you.

Back