A&H

When can you step up to 11v11 ?

JudgeDreadful

I'm a relatively new referee, UK based, having done a dozen or so games at U11/U12 9v9 so still finding my feet a little bit.
Do I have to further qualify in order to referee 11v11 or is this now OK that I've done the 5 games with offsides that the FA require.
Thanks.

The Referee Store
No further qualification needed - you could theoretically jump straight up to Open Age. Although you may want to work through the age groups a little first.

No further qualification needed - you could theoretically jump straight up to Open Age. Although you may want to work through the age groups a little first.
Ok thanks. I've got settled doing these U11/U12 games then an appointment came through to do an U16 game which I wasn't sure I was allowed to do yet. I couldn't actually do the game as it happened due to other commitments but it made me a bit nervous as it seemed a big step up from what I've been used to.

Ok thanks. I've got settled doing these U11/U12 games then an appointment came through to do an U16 game which I wasn't sure I was allowed to do yet. I couldn't actually do the game as it happened due to other commitments but it made me a bit nervous as it seemed a big step up from what I've been used to.
If you are 16 or older, you can do open age football and/or any youth matches.

My very first game was open age.

Didn't realise there was any other way of doing. Did my course, signed up to one the local league that the FA running the course recommended. Then boom, refereed the adults a few days later.

The only men's game I ever refereed was a staff game at a famous club's Academy. I have refereed older Youths at 18/19 in College games too. There is no OA men's league on a Sunday round here unfortunately. Saturday's are for the kids games for me. Under 13s and up play 11 v 11 so you should have plenty of options before Open Age.

The only men's game I ever refereed was a staff game at a famous club's Academy. I have refereed older Youths at 18/19 in College games too. There is no OA men's league on a Sunday round here unfortunately. Saturday's are for the kids games for me. Under 13s and up play 11 v 11 so you should have plenty of options before Open Age.
Any women's games on Sundays, perhaps?

Ironically I was head of a famous pro clubs Girl's Academy for a couple of years during my coaching days but as a ref I never stepped in. I do ref Girl's now and again too,just this last weekend I did. In fact I am looking to put my name on the local girl's league for a Sunday morning. I have coached women but only reffed their younger colleagues,which I actually enjoy. There are too many imbalanced games compared to the boys in general though, around here at least.
Any women's games on Sundays, perhaps.

Back