A&H

What Referee kit to purchase?

agolding25

Hi there,

I have recently passed my basic referee course and am currently looking at getting some kit. I was told on my course to get the kit from the RA shop. Does anyone know the quality of clothing from this website? I thought it might be better to get well known brands such as Umbro or Nike. Another question I have is that I have the referee badge for my county but I am unsure where on the kit the badge is meant to be placed?

Thanks

The Referee Store
personally I think the RA kit is terrible quality, I would say go for umbro or Nike and for the badge I believe its on the left hand side of the chest....

Ok thanks for the replies. I think I might look into getting Nike or Umbro kit. What websites do you normally use for purchasing your kit?

Thanks!

Stuff on the RA website looks like the really old-fashioned, heavy kits. I've got a Nike and an Umbro and both are fine (I prefer Nike). Badge on left breast, unless you get one from A&H with the FAMOA badge, then obviously the right pocket.

I was in the same situation about two months ago. I bought the Umbro respect Kit from A and H. It was quick and easy and arrived about 3 days after purchasing it. I had tried three other places for the nike kit but they would only have been able to supply me with it two months later. If you put a badge on it the county badge goes on the left chest pocket the fa badge goes on the right. Make sure if you put the badge on yourself that it is absolutely perfect either side, I have seen refs who have obviously done it themselves and it just looks scruffy otherwise. I have never tried the RA kit but it looks cheap rubbish to me. Accessories can be bought from sports direct and they are just as good as anywhere else, also I bought two watches from argos at a fiver each to get me started and so far they haven't failed me yet.
Any other problems just ask cause like I've said I've only just gone through all of this, just wish I knew about red hat because that would've helped a lot.

Good luck :)

I agree that A & H is significantly more expensive than others providing Nike kits - the only thing is that you can get badges through them which you can't from other companies.

You can get the badges on the shirt from the referees association shop. And it's cheaper than A and H, I think

I'm not really a fan of the RA Shop, the website doesn't seem very professional whereas everything about A&H you can trust.

I have got all of my kit from the ra shop, never had any issues, I would recommend it. Also tried to order some gloves off of a and h. Let me pay and everything, said 48 hours delivery. Then after the 2 days I got an email saying they were out of stock and would be delivered when they had re stocked- A and H will now be my last option for kit!

I have got all of my kit from the ra shop, never had any issues, I would recommend it. Also tried to order some gloves off of a and h. Let me pay and everything, said 48 hours delivery. Then after the 2 days I got an email saying they were out of stock and would be delivered when they had re stocked- A and H will now be my last option for kit!
I guess the whole first impressions count really applies here. I've never had a problem (but I bet as soon as I do I'll be straight on to the RA shop!)

I have Umbro Diamond kit and recently purchased the Nike Kit, but I prefer the Nike kit.

Currently wear a short sleeve shirt with long sleeve nike 'skins' top.

Back