A&H

What boots do you wear?

Dave Mac

I bought a £9 pair of umbros as the only footie I played was astroturf so needed some studded boots. But good lord its like running about in high heels, the stud positioning is absolutely killing my feet so thinking I might invest in a new pair and might even stretch to paying a double digit figure for them! So just wondering what everyone else wears.

The Referee Store
I've learnt the hard way. Boots now cost me around £50 a pair as the cheaper boots ruin my feet. I wear Nike Tiempos as they are the only boots I find comfortable.

I'm starting to realise that too Ross. Got my 10k in a month and my left ankle is killing me from the weekend game I done. I'm trying to calculate how long it'll take me to limp 10k! lol

After refereeing countless tournaments, you soon learn to look after your feet. I find I can wear my current boots all day long with no issues

I went cheap in case I hated refereeing, but now as I seem to enjoy it think it might be worth investing in a decent pair.

I am still wearing the same boots as I wore when I stopped playing which were the fairly cheap Umbros... the only problem I have with them is that they are WHITE!! I didnt want to buy another pair straight away incase my back started playing up again. But after a few comments of players and no further agrivation of my back then im going to have to invest in a pair of black ones!

I tend to pay that bit extra for a pair of Adiddas Copa Mundials for mouldes, and Nike Tiempo's for studs. Also, some umbro astros. It is deffinetly worth paying that bit extra for the comfort.

I too wear Copa's like Lewys. Even at around £60, i'm more than happy to put my hand in my pocket for them because they are so damn comfy. I may even invest in a pair of Kaiser/Copa turfs for the summer.

I've got adidas Puntero's currently, as a youth ref can't afford £50+ for boots asmuch as I want a set of Mundials!

I've just replaced my Nike screw-ins with a pair of Mizuno for £35. Wore them on Saturday in the rain and they were like slippers, really impressed.

New Balance Cross Country shoes and a pair of Lotto's I picked up in DW Sports.

Just bough the cheap version of the Nike tiempo's. Work a treat. I don't see any point in spending exsessivly (spelling?!) on boots if you don't kick a ball.

Back