A&H

Open Age Welsh league game!

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Got a reserve division Welsh league game Thursday night and chuffed to get it! Amazing opportunity for me to show off my refereeing, one slight issue in that I'll have no NAR's but I can cope I'm sure.

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
Try and enjoy it, remember most players at that level will be a bit more switched on at that level and will likely try and see where your boundaries are as you will no doubt be a new face to them.

Yep matty, they pushed the boundaries and one player found himself heading an earlier shower after 30 minutes :confused: Not the best of starts. Ended up with 5 cautions, 1 off and some rather stiff calves but I've got deep heat rub and spray for that :D

What was the standard of football like aled? Also, offsides - did you have to take full control of them?

Good standard, lots of moaning though. Offsides were at my mercy. Fair to say I know I missed one but it came to nothing. Still can't believe I had to issue a red card, not happy about that full stop cause I could have used common sense and bollocked the player instead but was far too fast entering my pocket, life is life I'll learn from it that's for certain!

Bit of dissent it was, 2nd caution. Could probably have warned him cause there was a bit of frustration involved but was too quick with the card. What;s happened has happened now

Maybe. But if you're already on a caution you should really keep your dissent to a minimum or prepare for the consequences.

Put it down to experience. Move on.

Back