A&H

Well it's started - Fulham v Newcastle

lincs22

Supply League Observer
Staff member
Observer/Tutor
New season on. Dig the purple referee shirts.....

Let's see what arises.

The Referee Store
Was that a DOGSO?, push outside box, only YC.

Perez had the skill to bring down and score...

In this instance i think it's definitely a yellow card,
I then retract my comment, apologies lol

:)

however, in a not so dissimilar example (as hinted too above), what if the pass, rather than being a cross field ball in the air, was actually a square pass along the ground and the defender still bundles the attacker to the ground before he has had chance to control the ball?

ohhhh ... then I think we are looking at a bit of a different scenario ... depends if he has obviously bundled the attacker to prevent him getting the ball or he has made a genuine attempt to get the ball first?

ohhhh ... then I think we are looking at a bit of a different scenario ... depends if he has obviously bundled the attacker to prevent him getting the ball or he has made a genuine attempt to get the ball first?

Same challenge as the one were talking about, just from an easy to control pass along the floor...

In this instance i think it's definitely a yellow card,

:)

however, in a not so dissimilar example (as hinted too above), what if the pass, rather than being a cross field ball in the air, was actually a square pass along the ground and the defender still bundles the attacker to the ground before he has had chance to control the ball?
No difference. Exact same considerations apply.

Same challenge as the one were talking about, just from an easy to control pass along the floor...

but from a different ball ... when the ball is in the air, you can never assume it is going to be controlled easily - he is outside the area so he also has to take it down - and get a shot away ...

the scenario you said is very similar but if player A, crosses it to player B across the floor with player B in a good GSO - but then player C goes through player B, bundling him to the floor, to get the ball ... then that for me is DOGSO, the ball is a clean one, on the floor - easy to control etc. and Player C has had to go THROUGH the player ... when it is in the air, unless a shove from behind, its really a cynical foul.

Back