A&H

Weird offsides Defender playing or deflection

GrantFrosty

So I had a weird offside this week and I'm not sure if it is offsides or not. So a Defender from team B Clears the ball (Everyone is onside when kicked, which wouldn't matter because the defender played it) But the Defender from team B plays it into the back of his teammate's head which when It strikes off their head I see team A9 in an offside potion and is receiving the ball. Is this offside because of Deflection Or not because defender played it so Defection would not matter? I went with no offsides in the game but we stopped it for head injury anyway.

The Referee Store
I suspect you’re not a level 2 referee… 😂

No offside offence as the ball was played by the defender.
Deflection/deliberate play only becomes a factor when the original pass is played by a team mate of the attacker.

This cannot be offside of the deflection was from a defender.
For offside the ball has to last be played or touched by a team mate of the attacking player in offside position.

Sounds like a deliberate play so not offside. The defender not impacted by an attacker was free to do anything they liked with the ball,and, for whatever reason, played it off a team mates head?

not offside

I suspect you’re not a level 2 referee… 😂

No offside offence as the ball was played by the defender.
Deflection/deliberate play only becomes a factor when the original pass is played by a team mate of the attacker.
yes I'm Level 7 or 8 Got the Levels mixed up made sure to change thanks for the response

Sounds like a deliberate play so not offside. The defender not impacted by an attacker was free to do anything they liked with the ball,and, for whatever reason, played it off a team mates head?

not offside
Whether it was a deliberate play or not is irrelevant in this case though. Offside requires that the ball be played or touched by a team mate of the offside-positoned player.

In this scenario there's no touch by a team mate while the player is in an offside position, so the question of an offside offence simply never arises in the first place.

Whether it was a deliberate play or not is irrelevant in this case though. Offside requires that the ball be played or touched by a team mate of the offside-positoned player.

In this scenario there's no touch by a team mate while the player is in an offside position, so the question of an offside offence simply never arises in the first place.

Yes well aware

Without having been there I went down the road of firstly a picture in the head of, was the defender impacted with,interfered with by an opponent, pre heading the ball againgst a team mate, Over thinking it.

Back