A&H

Veo camera

Xavier

Hi.
I did a academy game today and was wondering if any other referee requests the footage for personal use. If yes who should I contact.

The Referee Store
I’ve requested footage previously and have been in touch with the club manager to get certain clips.

Initially I went via my RDO and he then liaised with the club and put me in touch with the manager.

I would say it is highly unlikely that an academy will release video. Aside from the obvious child protection issues, they are usually paranoid about other clubs getting sightings of their star young players and trying to poach them.

I’ve requested footage previously and have been in touch with the club manager to get certain clips.

Initially I went via my RDO and he then liaised with the club and put me in touch with the manager.
Did you receive the footage?

I would say it is highly unlikely that an academy will release video. Aside from the obvious child protection issues, they are usually paranoid about other clubs getting sightings of their star young players and trying to poach them.
I've seen academy's releasing footage to the players. Is it different for referee's

Did you receive the footage?
Yes, once I explained that I wanted the footage to analyse my own decision and aide my development they were very happy to provide it all.

This was open age though so no safeguarding risks or red tape involved.

Yes, once I explained that I wanted the footage to analyse my own decision and aide my development they were very happy to provide it all.

This was open age though so no safeguarding risks or red tape involved.
Oh so it might be more difficult for youth football

I've received footage from a professional academy before, but they changed their policy so no third parties can access it (basically only the clubs/players, not officials). Ironically, I recently saw a clip of one of my games on an academy player's public Instagram page (it proved I made the correct decision, so I was quite happy to see it...)

I've received footage from a professional academy before, but they changed their policy so no third parties can access it (basically only the clubs/players, not officials). Ironically, I recently saw a clip of one of my games on an academy player's public Instagram page (it proved I made the correct decision, so I was quite happy to see it...)
That's not good they don't give footage anymore as that's the only way I would be able to see my decisions from a different point of view
Thanks

That's not good they don't give footage anymore as that's the only way I would be able to see my decisions from a different point of view
Thanks
It's worth still asking - the academy you were at might have a different policy. I have a few full games that I've been sent over the last few years before they changed it

EDIT - if you're going to ask, make sure they know that you won't be sharing it anywhere and it's strictly for private and developmental use

It might help your case if you can identify particular moments of the game you’re interested in rathe than the whole game.

Eg. I’d like another look at the tackle in XX minute to help my personal development.

I request footage a lot, never had any issues,
if its a team or person i dont know, I do say its purely for my viewing

am part of the game, am disclosure checked, no problems

I request footage a lot, never had any issues,
if its a team or person i dont know, I do say its purely for my viewing

am part of the game, am disclosure checked, no problems
Do they give you footage from youth academy games. Who do you contact?

Never requested any footage but a couple of clubs have offered up some clips to view. I find most of the academies to be helpful to referees, even those who make mistakes. You’ll find that the footage is more concerned with how the players play rather how you referee.

Back