A&H

Up-to-date mini soccer rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect it hasn’t been updated but superseded by a series of other documents

The Referee Store
This is competition rules as opposed to the modified laws they are played under. In the SCOR there is literally next to nothing about the laws the game is played under.
I would argue that pitch size, ball size, etc, relate to laws of the game.

I would argue that pitch size, ball size, etc, relate to laws of the game.
They are the things that the parts of law that are drafted out to competition.

Example law 3 substitution

The competition rules must state:
• how many substitutes may be named, from three to a maximum of fifteen....
Etc etc.

Pitch size etc are in the list of general modifications that are allowed to be varied by the competition.

However mini soccer is player under its own laws (retreat rules, power plays, no offsides etc.) which are varied from the lows of association football. And these aren't in the SCOR.

As I said earlier it is clear from my (limited) research and very out dated knowledge that these laws are varied by the competition as one league j looked at our trialling power plays and may or may not Jack it off half way through the season, yet no mention of this in the SCOR?

They are the things that the parts of law that are drafted out to competition.

Example law 3 substitution

The competition rules must state:
• how many substitutes may be named, from three to a maximum of fifteen....
Etc etc.

Pitch size etc are in the list of general modifications that are allowed to be varied by the competition.

However mini soccer is player under its own laws (retreat rules, power plays, no offsides etc.) which are varied from the lows of association football. And these aren't in the SCOR.

As I said earlier it is clear from my (limited) research and very out dated knowledge that these laws are varied by the competition as one league j looked at our trialling power plays and may or may not Jack it off half way through the season, yet no mention of this in the SCOR?
Fair enough, I don't really have any experience of youth football, and certainly don't go anywhere near it as a referee.

It’s also important to point out that (in the document I posted above) it is classed as ‘development football’ and so things such as foul throws should be managed with a coaching aspect (give another chance and help them with it). Also no scores or goal scorers are allowed to be published etc..

However mini soccer is player under its own laws (retreat rules, power plays, no offsides etc.) which are varied from the lows of association football.

Exactly. And this is what I'm looking for.

Ask the league it relates to is best bet.

They've sent out an email that says you need go behind the retreat line when the GK has the ball in his hands. It's precisely because they've got it so wrong that I'm looking for the FA position.

They've sent out an email that says you need go behind the retreat line when the GK has the ball in his hands. It's precisely because they've got it so wrong that I'm looking for the FA position.
This is precisely my point though. The league can vary the rules. Your next step would be county FA as they will sanction it I expect.

You've asked the league for their rule and they've told you.

If you think that answer is in conflict with the LOTG, go one step up the ladder to the CFA first. If you find a random "guide to Mini Soccer" online, how does that help you? The league aren't going to change their rule based off that, that instruction will need to come from the sanctioning authority (the CFA) anyway, so you may as well get them in the loop early in the process.

That's useful in the sense that it tells me which rules apply to which age groups but it doesn't tell me what those rules actually are. Eg. when the retreat line was introduced in 2012/13 the rule said the ball is live when it comes out of the PA. Is that stull the case, given that the LOTG for adult football have changed?
[/QUOTE
Where? I can't find one more recent than 2018.
Current versions are on TheFA and various county FA sites, e. g. Gloucestershire FA, but as several of us have already explained, some are mandatory, others can be interpreted locally with CFA approval.

You've asked the league for their rule and they've told you.

They sent the email unbidden and I suspect they've just made a mistake. Nobody ever does a retreat line when the ball is in the GK's hands

I was just going to let them know abou their error, so I started looking for a defintive document. I had no idea that getting the FA mini soccer rules from the FA was so difficult.

Check my link above it’s pretty clear to me…

That document predates the shift to the ball being live when it moves on a goal kick, which is one of the questions I want an answer on.

It also has out of date ball sizes (which changed in 2020)

That document predates the shift to the ball being live when it moves on a goal kick, which is one of the questions I want an answer on.

It also has out of date ball sizes (which changed in 2020)
Got you.. I honestly don’t think there is any … the league I referee in use size 4 for 10s still and always have, perhaps I should be telling them otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back