A&H

Unwanted contact..off the pitch

micky2001

Just wondering if anyone has received any messages or attempted communications through social media or In public as a result of being a referee?

What would you do if:

A) someone tried to contact you via twitter or Facebook or other online media
B) someone said something to you in a public place
C) someone publicly mentioned you in a post/blog/website

The Referee Store
I got "the referees a ****er" chant from a bunch of kids who thought they were funny (didn't recognize any of them) after walking into a shop once after a game with my FA referee tracksuit top on. :D

Evan
small minded morons take it on the chin don't rise to it all there after is a reaction iam sure after a few years in the game you may be called far worse especially if you give a decision against team a or team b .
or don't wear your tracksuit top simple

Its important to remember here that all players, clubs and officials of clubs are bound by social media guidance, no referee should put up with abuse/threatening behavior or statement, report the issue, players or club in question let your league/fa deal with it, if its a person not connected with the club then report to the police and make it a civil matter, these people need to learn..... or just hand them the whistle and let them ref the game.

I've seen a referee walk over to abusive parents (a few years ago, when I was a tiddlywink myself) and try to hand them the whistle and watch, got him some brownie points & he didn't have no crap for the rest of the match. Was brilliant.

Had my first red card yesterday and have had 4 calls last night, 2 from the player trying to justify calling me a fu**ing pri** and a fu**ing fat c*** and refusing to leave fop. Didn't answer them or am I going to.

You need to raise this with your County through a further misconduct report and potentially if it continues, I would be considering reporting the matter to the police.

Certainly Svenny you must report both what the players said and that you received several calls at home. Make sure you do it post-haste (can you not submit it in writing personally? Or via the phone?) so that it can be dealt with.

Back