A&H

Unusual?

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Following on from the 0-0s and pens in a match threads.

My appointment last Sunday, and the ones this coming Wednesday and next Sunday are all at the same ground.

I'm thinking that's a little unusual, but no doubt one of you have done umpteen consecutive appointments at the same ground!

Over to you...…..

The Referee Store
I get a lot of matches at the local sports complex where there are numerous pitches. On occasion I've been there several weeks in a row but on different pitches and different teams.

I appointed for a few season. I had a number of referees who had transport restrictions and frequently got appointed to the same grounds week in week out.

Following on from the 0-0s and pens in a match threads.

My appointment last Sunday, and the ones this coming Wednesday and next Sunday are all at the same ground.

I'm thinking that's a little unusual, but no doubt one of you have done umpteen consecutive appointments at the same ground!

Over to you...…..
That's an impressive quirk of appointing. Is it three different teams? (Mens, U21, Womens?).

Closest I've come is to be appointed (this season) to be in the middle for five teams of the same club .. Senior Men, U18 Men, Senior Women, Reserve Women and Women's Devt. Weather hit a couple of the fixtures but amusing nonetheless!!

That's an impressive quirk of appointing. Is it three different teams? (Mens, U21, Womens?).

Closest I've come is to be appointed (this season) to be in the middle for five teams of the same club .. Senior Men, U18 Men, Senior Women, Reserve Women and Women's Devt. Weather hit a couple of the fixtures but amusing nonetheless!!

Same team - Women's 1sts - the two Sundays are league games (1 'planned appt' 1 'spare'), tomorrow is a cup game (S/F) (different appointments officer)

Ironically they said on Sunday that it was their 1st home match since the end of November - and now 3 in 8 days!

2017/18:

Bit of a weird one and it may not count, but five on the bounce at two grounds:

1. Council Pitch
2. Council Pitch (Same one)
3. Stadium
4. Stadium
5. Stadium

That was in a period from November to December, and I only had the same team in fixture 3 and 5. The only reason I got three stadium appointments on the bounce was the team in fixture 4 re-arranged their game to the stadium to avoid the bad weather (3g).

Other than that, the only time I've come close to a streak at the same ground is again, in the same season when I got assigned one team for two weeks straight for whatever reason. This season I don't think I've had a consecutive ground appointment yet.

Back