A&H

U18 County Cup

Stuart McKenzie

referee on tour in the summer
It's my first county cup appointment of season. the rules allow roll on roll off subs. 3 from 5. how do you manage this? I was once told by a coach to use my common sense when I ensured each sub was made according to the laws of the game.

I also ticked each player off to ensure the 4th and 5th player on the bench can't take part

The Referee Store
Which cup are you refereeing?

http://www.sussexfa.com/~/media/countysites/sussexfa/documents/cups/forms/competition-rules.ashx

d) In Competitions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 a Club/League may at its discretion and in accordance with the Laws of the Game use up to three substitute players who may be selected from up to five players nominated to the Referee prior to the commencement of the match. In Competitions 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 a Club/League may at its discretion and in accordance with the Laws of the Game use up to five substitute players who may be selected from up to five players nominated to the Referee prior to the commencement of the match. A player who has been substituted then becomes a substitute and may replace another player at any time subject to the substitution being carried out in accordance with Law 3 of the Laws of Association Football.

I'd seek clarity from the county.

U18 is competition 12. So I read that 3 from 5 rolling subs for youth, then the youth competitions they can use 5 out of the 5 to rolling sub?

Just keep a record to make sure they only use the 3 subs.

Hi Stuart,
Please check the competition rules haven't changed this year, the ones on their website are for 2014/15.
If they are the same then it is 3 subs can be used from the 5 nominated subs as in a 'normal' match. There is no roll on/ off permitted

Rgds,
Kevin

Sounds very complicated ~ rolling subs but only three of five can play? I'd be looking for clarification on this.

Back