A&H

U11 Sunday game views please

Hi guys. First time poster here. A very inexperienced kids football referee as well. I reffed an u11 game and would like your views on a couple of incidents yesterday.
1. A player picks up the ball with his hands and signals "man down" as another player was apparently injured. Now, as it's kids football I would always stop the game for an injured player and then allow the restart with a drop ball. However, in this instance I gave a free kick to the other team as I reckon they need to signal the "man down" incident before they handle the ball.
2. A player passes the ball into the penalty area from the right. I watch the ball, nothing really happens, the ball goes out for the goal kick. Suddenly, I hear calls for "man down" and I see the player who passed the ball down in tears. I approach him and he says he was slide tackled. No one on the other team opposes, so even though I didn't see the incident, I decided to give a free kick for a late tackle.
Views welcome. Thanks 🙏

The Referee Store
Hi guys. First time poster here. A very inexperienced kids football referee as well. I reffed an u11 game and would like your views on a couple of incidents yesterday.
1. A player picks up the ball with his hands and signals "man down" as another player was apparently injured. Now, as it's kids football I would always stop the game for an injured player and then allow the restart with a drop ball. However, in this instance I gave a free kick to the other team as I reckon they need to signal the "man down" incident before they handle the ball.
2. A player passes the ball into the penalty area from the right. I watch the ball, nothing really happens, the ball goes out for the goal kick. Suddenly, I hear calls for "man down" and I see the player who passed the ball down in tears. I approach him and he says he was slide tackled. No one on the other team opposes, so even though I didn't see the incident, I decided to give a free kick for a late tackle.
Views welcome. Thanks 🙏

1 - the lotg correct restart would be a fk, however, if I was doing u11 and that happened, am restarting with a drop ball, and thanking the player for bringimg to my attention something I am unaware of, maybe with a clear " guys, going forward, can we play until I stop the game please"
killed two birds with one stone, you have been sensible, plus planted the seed should it happen again, proactive, minor coaching if you wish.

2 - get out of the habit, now, of giving things you have not seen. The polar opposite applies, you give what you do see. A simple " sorrry, if he fouled you, i missed it" then restart with your goal kick.

Back