A&H

Two Assessors

Harry

Level 6 Referee
So I have my second assessment this Sunday and I've been told that their will be two assessors there. Both of them are pretty experienced, so why would this be the case?

The Referee Store
So I have my second assessment this Sunday and I've been told that their will be two assessors there. Both of them are pretty experienced, so why would this be the case?
Harry, there could be any number of reasons. I wouldn't worry about it.

Assessor assessing the Assessor?

I wonder if at the PL level they have an Assessor assessing the Assessor assessing the Assessor assessing the Assessor?

Assessor assessing the Assessor?

Probably correct. New paperwork is coming in for 7-6 & 6-5 assessment next season and they may be doing a test on them ie one does your normal assessment, the other under the new paperwork so the RDO can assess the differences.

Whichever, one assessor will lead and complete your assessment.

Probably correct. New paperwork is coming in for 7-6 & 6-5 assessment next season and they may be doing a test on them ie one does your normal assessment, the other under the new paperwork so the RDO can assess the differences.

Whichever, one assessor will lead and complete your assessment.

Lincs - I am an assessor using this "pilot scheme". In my county, we have to assess the referee and the "normal" assessment counts, there are also two "pilot" assessment forms that also have to be completed alongside this form, the referee receives all three (A problem as on the new forms that referee can see whether they were satisfactory, or above and below in their competencies! Which can cause problems - as there are now different competencies, the referee could be satisfactory or above on the normal, but below satisfactory on pilots!)

The point I am making is that in my county, one assessor does all three!

In North Riding, we woudl normally do the two assessments at the same time. I was just trying to understand why there be two experienced assessors at the same match.

Is this 'pilot scheme' being rolled out across the country for the next promotion season? Are there any changes to the promotion criteria?

I understand that the new documentation will be used from 1.3.15 across all the CFA's.

The principal change is that there is no longer an actual mark on the forms for 7-6 & 6-5. it has been replaced by a grading structure.

For 7-6, you are graded on three areas: Application, Match Control & Positioning. For 6-5, there are six areas (but I cannot remember what teh extra 3 are).

The form is easiler for the assessors and hopefully when mean that the candidates will concerntrate on the wording rather than the mark.....

7-6 and 6-5 = AOL, match control, positioning and movement

6-5 = also fitness, communication and alertness and awareness.

With regards to promotion criteria, I believe that will stay the same (i.e. certain amount of games and assessments, and a LOTG test). With regards to competencies (what an assessor marks you on) these will be changed.

Back