A&H

tried something weird yesterday

richard ramjane

RefChat Addict
my pre kick off chat with the captains included the following, and i really don't know why, it just came to me as i was driving to the game;
One of your responsibilities as captain is to work with me to keep your players in check . Once I've blown or not blown I do not expect people in my face. If I feel its getting out of hand i will start a five minute period where I will blow for anything you appeal for, and we'll see how much chaos that causes.
Probably coincidental, but they were all very well behaved and any 'enquiries' were conducted respectfully
Not sure tbh if I'll ever use that line again, I was just curious as to how it would be received I think.

The Referee Store
my pre kick off chat with the captains included the following, and i really don't know why, it just came to me as i was driving to the game;
One of your responsibilities as captain is to work with me to keep your players in check . Once I've blown or not blown I do not expect people in my face. If I feel its getting out of hand i will start a five minute period where I will blow for anything you appeal for, and we'll see how much chaos that causes.
Probably coincidental, but they were all very well behaved and any 'enquiries' were conducted respectfully
Not sure tbh if I'll ever use that line again, I was just curious as to how it would be received I think.

Try anything once? ;)

Not sure I'd make a statement like that to be honest. Kinda making a rod for your own back.

Think you can be firm and fair during the captains chat by making your point in other ways.

I'm simple

I go with "afternoon, Inice to meet you, as captains you have a degree of responsibility for your team, if you can assist me in dealing with a situation I will call you over, you know your own players more than me therefore if you feel they are about to cross a line you make sure you get to them before they get to me, away side call it in the air, winner has choice of ends"

I'm simple

I go with "afternoon, Inice to meet you, as captains you have a degree of responsibility for your team, if you can assist me in dealing with a situation I will call you over, you know your own players more than me therefore if you feel they are about to cross a line you make sure you get to them before they get to me, away side call it in the air, winner has choice of ends"
As soon as you've said the word 'degree', 99% of captains have now switched off I'm afraid!

Back