A&H

Touchline or Ervocom

Wolf_Ref

RefChat Addict
Level 3W Referee
Hi all

What are the better make would you guys say? Ervocom don’t seem to do the English style flags, but not sure which are the better quality etc.

Both brands are roughly around the same ballpark £££.

Thanks
T

The Referee Store
Hi all

What are the better make would you guys say? Ervocom don’t seem to do the English style flags, but not sure which are the better quality etc.

Both brands are roughly around the same ballpark £££.

Thanks
T
Having had the chance to use both as a Ref and as and AR I am going to give you a most unhelpful answer.

I find touclines better as an assistant and found ervocoms better as the ref.

Assistant:
Touchline, more ergonomic, are what most are used to using except with a button.
Ervocoms bit chunky in the hand, have come across so many where the button is damaged and the flag and pole length are a touch long and I often find I stand on the flag by mistake.

Referee
Simply found the alert system to be more obvious on the ervocoms. Don't ask me how or why, I used ervocoms second so maybe I just got more used to it.

If I had to pick I think I would pick touchlines on the basis that although I found ervocoms better for me as a Ref I have limited experience using them so could be that they are equal. I'd rather my ARs were more comfortable and not worrying about the flag as even if I don't get the buzz I will and should still be looking at my ARs for their signal anyway.

Having had the chance to use both as a Ref and as and AR I am going to give you a most unhelpful answer.

I find touclines better as an assistant and found ervocoms better as the ref.

Assistant:
Touchline, more ergonomic, are what most are used to using except with a button.
Ervocoms bit chunky in the hand, have come across so many where the button is damaged and the flag and pole length are a touch long and I often find I stand on the flag by mistake.

Referee
Simply found the alert system to be more obvious on the ervocoms. Don't ask me how or why, I used ervocoms second so maybe I just got more used to it.

If I had to pick I think I would pick touchlines on the basis that although I found ervocoms better for me as a Ref I have limited experience using them so could be that they are equal. I'd rather my ARs were more comfortable and not worrying about the flag as even if I don't get the buzz I will and should still be looking at my ARs for their signal anyway.
James - thank you for this - much appreciated. I think it’s worth doing the research considering it’s going to put a hefty dent in the credit card statement!!

There's other things to think about, like what happens if anything goes wrong. How do you get them fixed, what is the warranty, and so on? It is a big investment, if they break down after 13 months you want some level of comfort that you will be covered. Touchline are UK based but seem to have supply issues (are they even still manufacturing), Ervocomm flags are part of a wider manufacturing portfolio, but they are based in Switzerland and shipping costs can be astronomical.

There's other things to think about, like what happens if anything goes wrong. How do you get them fixed, what is the warranty, and so on? It is a big investment, if they break down after 13 months you want some level of comfort that you will be covered. Touchline are UK based but seem to have supply issues (are they even still manufacturing), Ervocomm flags are part of a wider manufacturing portfolio, but they are based in Switzerland and shipping costs can be astronomical.
That is what I am looking at at the moment. I can actually source some Touchline flags internationally, but after importing it works out about £50 more... I may need to have a trip to the pub before I can press the "buy now" button with that.

I like the idea of the Touchline Flags, as they are British, but wondering if/when new stock will be coming in.

That is what I am looking at at the moment. I can actually source some Touchline flags internationally, but after importing it works out about £50 more... I may need to have a trip to the pub before I can press the "buy now" button with that.

I like the idea of the Touchline Flags, as they are British, but wondering if/when new stock will be coming in.
Touchline is effectively the same company as A&H, so I guess it will depend on whether Jeff's wife will want to carry on and develop the business following his tragic illness and death. She is now the only registered director of both A&H and Touchline.

Touchline is effectively the same company as A&H, so I guess it will depend on whether Jeff's wife will want to carry on and develop the business following his tragic illness and death. She is now the only registered director of both A&H and Touchline.

Very sad! Such a good company too. So nice to work with an independent company

Can the touchline flag material be used with Ervocom flags?

I'm currently a dedicated AR working with a whole range of referees and a whole range of buzzer flags. I prefer the Ervocoms on the basis that they feel sturdier than the Touchlines. I also like having the bigger / square shaped flag. A down side however as @JamesL points out is that the pole is quite long so it will often touch the ground / you will stand on it if you are not particularly tall.

I have only ever used RefsCall and Touchline flags when in the middle and I prefer the receiver on the Touchline. In terms of swapping flags, no you can't use the touchline flags on the Ervocom (I guess technically you can but it looks a little silly), but B&D do a square 'battenburg' style flag that you could use instead of the diamonds.

Can the touchline flag material be used with Ervocom flags?
I wouldn't worry about the flags. In years gone by it was expected in England that the senior AR had quartered flags and the junior the plain yellow one, but I don't really think anyone cares about that these days.

I wouldn't worry about the flags. In years gone by it was expected in England that the senior AR had quartered flags and the junior the plain yellow one, but I don't really think anyone cares about that these days.
Ummm yes they do 🙈 🤣

We have a UK alternative if it helps?
www.TheRefereeStore.co.uk/products/electronic-buzzer-flags

They're rechargeable too - a nice little feature.
A Ref turned up with these a few weeks back. Didn't last long in my hands. Flimsy clip flew off along with the flag
Cramped my style... to the amusement of my paying spectators. Had to grip the flag to the flagpole for the rest of the game
First time out of the box. Clip lost, flag covered in mud :wtf:😂🤗:oops:

Back