A&H

Tottenham v Rochdale

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
More VAR fun underway..

Its amazing viewing, its like a game of, what will happen next, rotten as a sporting spectacle but making for entertaining tv

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Could he have gone with defensive encroachment on that penalty? Caution and disallowed goal felt harsh.

Must admit I was expecting a re-take, didn't realise it would be an IFK to the defending team. Always learn something new!

More VAR fun underway..
VAR is an absolute joke! If this continues it will destroy the beautiful game. 1. Why was the opening goal disallowed? 2. Did we really need VAR to award the penalty, could the referee not see clearly for himself? and 3. Why was the penalty not retaken for the encroachment?

Pk was disallowed for the illegal run up, hence the yc. Correct call
Pk itself was clearly correct but bewildering it was not given promptly
Opening goal should have stood, clear and obv? Never!

The ref has considered the run up to be complete at the "feint"? He must have gone with that, given the caution and IDFK

Pk was disallowed for the illegal run up, hence the yc. Correct call
Pk itself was clearly correct but bewildering it was not given promptly
Opening goal should have stood, clear and obv? Never!
Run up perfectly legal IMO. Taker is allowed to feint in his run up not allowed to feint once he has completed the run up!
Agree with you on the other two points. Extremely poor refereeing. Not once has he gone to look at the screen himself so who exactly is refereeing this game?

The ref has considered the run up to be complete at the "feint"? He must have gone with that, given the caution and IDFK

He's wrong I'm afraid, as is the VAR. The run was nowhere near complete as he couldn't kick the ball from where he was and he then took several more steps.

This is a bit of a mess, to put it mildly. Entertaining though ..!

I'll hold my hands up... This decision actually made me re-read law 14 because I couldn't make head or tails of it. And I still can't.

Did the referee interpret that as a kick feint? Bit harsh?

Did the referee interpret that as a kick feint? Bit harsh?

He cautioned Son and gave Rochdale an IDFK. That's the correct decision if he's ruled for an illegal feint after the completion of the run-up.

But he hadn't completed his run-up.

the pk is a disaster. As BT just saying, AR gives a clear fk outside the box!
Its a pk but what on earth is the AR doing!

He cautioned Son and gave Rochdale an IDFK. That's the correct decision if he's ruled for an illegal feint after the completion of the run-up.

But he hadn't completed his run-up.

Now I have seen it back, correct, run up is not complete

Not helping tho when Chris Foys in the studio saying the decision is correct!

Aye, VAR tells the ref, but, Foy is telling the nation as an expert!

Yes, this is just confusing me even more now... Oh boy wait until the lads complain about it on Saturday. Who will they believe, the BBC + Former refs or us lot down on the parks? :p

That BBC live feed is really interesting to read, lots of criticism going on. Not the best of days for VAR I think.

Just tuned in at half time after reading a few comments on fb and bbc sport.

First thing I noticed, referee Stuart Attwell was in Swansea last night as the man in the middle for their replay against Sheffield Wednesday. I am not questioning his abilities, but surely Attwell wasn't the only suitable referee available requiring him to travel from South Wales to North London take charge of 2 games in 24 hours. :confused:

Back