A&H

Tossing the Coin

The Referee Store
I never mean to let the coin drop! It's not good when you fail to catch it!!!

Has happened to me more than once, but usually there is a lot less grass and a lot more mud involved than in that video!

I always give it to the home skipper to toss, often they let it drop and it lands awkwardly in a rut but never exactly on edge!

Yeah, I'm with the majority here - I'm doing the toss, I'm catching it and the away team captain is calling.

I always give it to the home skipper to toss, often they let it drop and it lands awkwardly in a rut but never exactly on edge!

Exactly how I do it and the away team is calling, I feel that doing it this way you get more interaction and they feel more involved from both players.

I'll do either depending on the occasion ... very happy to toss it in front of them or let them toss it for me

Can't wait for my first penalty shoot-out and the new double coin toss process !

As a maths teacher, teaching probability to class full of hormone fuelled adolescents, I always talk of "what's the probability of getting Tails when I flick a coin." Never, ever, does one mention tossing a coin in front of a class of kids.

As a maths teacher, teaching probability to class full of hormone fuelled adolescents, I always talk of "what's the probability of getting Tails when I flick a coin." Never, ever, does one mention tossing a coin in front of a class of kids.

That would, more than likely, have you arrested.

I always handed to home skipper and told him to 'toss it and catch it' and 'away team skipper call it whilst it's in the air'. Never allow it to drop!

I always toss the coin and catch it myself. As a 16 year old playing in the local Dog & Duck League Div 12 during the last century the ref tossed the coin and it landed in the standing water. As he went to retrieve it and said 'Its heads' the winning captain turned to face his team to enquire what they eanted to do and with an extended 'accidental' swing of the hips sent the ref sprawling into the mud!
Guess who was in control from then on - and it wasn't the muddy man in black!

Back