A&H

Tim Howard

The Referee Store
Yeah.......

He was clearly outside of the penalty area when he handled the ball!

Things like that lead to kids at grassroots playing copycat and needs to be clamped down on bigtime.

See what you're saying though but could have sold a VC red for that too.

Think he definitely should have gone for DOGSO, the incident after the Coleman OG was just handbags I think, no real reason to dismiss.

What does an American with tourettes say to a Spaniard with little English, I wonder

This is a perfect learning opportunity, so forgive me if I come across as Devil's Advocate.

Think of DOGSO.

Was it really obvious? A single step back and he takes that comfortably, fairly and legitimately and nobody complains. Is the attacker obviously going to get there before him? Would perhaps a caution and DFK for deliberately handling the ball have sufficed instead?

Discuss.

Link to video

If Howard misses the ball entirely, from the video it is maybe 50:50 if Costa gets there first (plus he is already pulling up) ... Ball isn't going into the goal ... Yellow for me

I'm going to be in the minority here I know...but I'm going with @Alex71 and @Tealeaf on this. I don't know if it's OBVIOUS opportunity, personally I don't think it is. If that's in one of mine, I'd be cautioning for HB and giving the DFK. Then I'd probably have given a second caution for Aggressive Attitude after the Coleman OG, or possibly trying to defuse with a word to both of them.

Either way he'd have gone...eventually, if it had been me.

Be interesting to hear Aled's p.o.v since he started this!

I can see a red as sellable in all this; probably covered under the "no surprises" mantra. Could be a case of when doing the right thing is not the right thing to do.

I'm all for beards but that's something else! I'm sure he can be penalised for gaining an unfair advantage of some sort!

Unsporting - unspecified behaviour would do for me!

Back