A&H

Thermal clothing etc colours

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
I had a game recently where blues played yellows.
On the yellow players shirts the "crease/stitching" at the end of the sleeve was blue whilst the entire shirt was yellow.
My understanding is that as the end of the sleeve, although only about a cm, is blue they can wear a blue undershirt as it matches the end of sleeve colour.
Issue I had was that the other side were all wearing long sleeved blue shirts virtually same colour as this players long sleeved undershirt.

I asked him to remove as it very closely resembled the opponents sleeves and could cause confusion if in a large gathering, such as corners etc and it struck the arm, for arguments sake.

He was OK with it.

But was I right?
As said, the last little bit of his sleeve matched the undershirt.

The Referee Store
Undershirts must be:
• a single colour which is the same colour as the main colour of the shirt sleeve
or
• a pattern/colours which exactly replicate(s) the shirt sleeve

From your description above, the yellows would only be permitted to wear yellow undershirts as that’s the main colour of their sleeves.

Manchester United also use the 1cm at the end of the sleeve .

majority of their team wear black undergarmemts when wearing this top.

Am sure I read somewhere the reason for the thin black ring at the end of their sleeve is so they can do this.

Attachments

• BADD8C30-941F-4768-9B08-B65C6A332969.png
    BADD8C30-941F-4768-9B08-B65C6A332969.png
    5 MB · Views: 8
Manchester United also use the 1cm at the end of the sleeve .

majority of their team wear black undergarmemts when wearing this top.

Am sure I read somewhere the reason for the thin black ring at the end of their sleeve is so they can do this.
Whilst technically not allowed in law, unless this is a clear clash with the opposition, I’d like to see a bit of common sense applied.

If Utd are playing Newcastle and they also have black under shirts, I’d be expecting Utd to change. However, if they’re playing Norwich then black sleeves isn’t going to cause any kind of issue whatsoever so common sense prevails!

Whilst technically not allowed in law, unless this is a clear clash with the opposition, I’d like to see a bit of common sense applied.

If Utd are playing Newcastle and they also have black under shirts, I’d be expecting Utd to change. However, if they’re playing Norwich then black sleeves isn’t going to cause any kind of issue whatsoever so common sense prevails!

Absolutey and i get the difference between this and the OP where we have the clash

am perfectly fine with Utd wearing it. Why tho would they not simply wear long blue sleeves?

Absolutey and i get the difference between this and the OP where we have the clash

am perfectly fine with Utd wearing it. Why tho would they not simply wear long blue sleeves?
At a lower level I’d question how easy it is to get an undershirt the same colour as their top (not sure I’ve seen a dark blue undershirt) but at Premier League level it’s definitely something that could easily be sourced!

At a lower level I’d question how easy it is to get an undershirt the same colour as their top (not sure I’ve seen a dark blue undershirt) but at Premier League level it’s definitely something that could easily be sourced!

no, I mean, simply Utd wear a long sleeved dark blue top...rather than short sleeved

why the need to wear a short sleeved top for Utd when they could simply wear the long sleeve

I had a game recently where blues played yellows.
On the yellow players shirts the "crease/stitching" at the end of the sleeve was blue whilst the entire shirt was yellow.
My understanding is that as the end of the sleeve, although only about a cm, is blue they can wear a blue undershirt as it matches the end of sleeve colour.
Issue I had was that the other side were all wearing long sleeved blue shirts virtually same colour as this players long sleeved undershirt.

I asked him to remove as it very closely resembled the opponents sleeves and could cause confusion if in a large gathering, such as corners etc and it struck the arm, for arguments sake.

He was OK with it.

But was I right?
As said, the last little bit of his sleeve matched the undershirt.
The rule for shorts/tights includes the option of the main shorts colour or the lowest point of the shorts colour, but not the same for shirts.

Back