A&H

The remembrance weekend

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
When it comes to that weekend I don't want to chuck out 80 odd quid for a kit with a poppy on for 1/2 uses a season so I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas of ways to display a poppy? Andy ideas would be much appreciated :)

The Referee Store
Don't mean to worry you Ryan, but you're about a day late ;)

I've never worn a poppy while refereeing. You're not expected to. Players don't at lower levels, why should referees?

ok here is one idea. i was going to do this but as i have a royal navy county badge kit decide to wear that instead. + i left it too late :(

go on the royal british legion poppy appeal website where you can purchase a black armband it is what the standard bearers wear on there arm, then search for the poppy transfer, that the teams can apply to there kit. i have seen them around and i thing you can buy one on the poppy appeal website.

this should come to a grand total of around £13-15 with all of it if you get them at the poppy appeal going to the people you are supporting.

or you can just turn up showing your standard poppy with pride and suggest that you hold a 2 mins silence and know in your own heart and mind that you respect my fellow brothers and sisters and all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

i would just like to say, to all those that support the poppy appeal i have seen first hand what they do, and it is amazing (no i have not had to use them) but i have a very close friend that did. it inspired me to join the the RBL riders branch and i canceled my games last sunday so that i could attend a parade i have never missed one (unless deployed at sea) since my old man was serving and i never.

In all of my years, ive never worn a poppy on my shirt and dont think id ever do so. I wouldnt get too hung up on wearing one on your shirt

i feel lost this time of the year with out one on, but i make up for it buy wearing one on my leather waistcoat while riding my bike:D

Before my game on Remembrance Sunday I noticed that a player was wearing a pin-badge poppy on his shirt. Felt bad when I had to ask him to take it off due to the safety aspect!

Never have worn a poppy and as far as I can foresee, never will wear a poppy. If you desperately want to wear one on your kit, buy the sticker version or wear a black armband.

Back