A&H

The Referee - Setting Goals

This season is a bit odd for me. Its the first time since I first started that ive not into a season looking for promotion to the next step. It would be quite easy to put my feet up and just coast through the season. However I made a point of saying to myself, colleague and The FA that this wasn't going to be the case, and that I still wanted to count.
So inspired by this excellent post by Tris on setting goals. Here are my very simple goals for the season

1. Easy one and one that can be measured - Referee a County Cup Final. Ive not had one since my first year as a Level 4
  2. (Re)Establish myself back in the County as Referee. My last few years have seen me officiate outside of my Parent County due to my supply league. As a result at times I get "ignored" so this is a chance to get back in peoples minds
  3. Enjoy every game. There were times last season with everything that was going on where I had a feeling of dread going in to a couple of games.
  4. Expand my tool set. Most games it will be me on my own again, no assistants to back me up. So time to dig out some of the skills again.
  5. Achieve my Level 1 Tutor qualification
What are your goals for the season post them below.

The Referee Store
Back