A&H

TH v Chelsea

The Referee Store
Can't really understand what he thought he saw there, its a clear penalty. Can only assume the VAR delay was a junior referee trying to tell the country's top ranked referee that he had got it wrong, it should have only taken 5 seconds to see it was a clear penalty.

Also not sure how Sissoko avoided a card for clattering Kepa.

Son VC for me!!!! AT having a mare!!! (Posted before review outcome)

Last edited:
I’m sorry, but there’s no excuse for a top referee not to give a penalty there. What could he possibly have seen?

Anyone spot what Batsshuay had on his right hand, never seen that before on a male football game?????

The consequences of VAR have been unforeseen in so many respects. I'd assert that AT has made a dreadful error WRT the PK because he knows subconsciously that VAR is there to save the day. I've only seen the Son VC from one angle, but VAR has made an poor contribution to the game with this decision. AT desperately struggled with MC thereafter
I rate AT. I think he's a better referee without the VAR cirsus

The consequences of VAR have been unforeseen in so many respects. I'd assert that AT has made a dreadful error WRT the PK because he knows subconsciously that VAR is there to save the day. I've only seen the Son VC from one angle, but VAR has made an poor contribution to the game with this decision. AT desperately struggled with MC thereafter
I rate AT. I think he's a better referee without the VAR cirsus

Perversely he's getting found out and VAR is smoothing out the obvious refereeing frailties!!! Seen him live a few times and he's nowhere near the top 10 referees in the SG!!

I say what I see and he’s been bang average at BDTBL, some good ones coming through I see but he’s not impressed me for a long while...
Hard to make a defence for a referee on the back of a really poor showing
Rather than VAR, should've called the police for the PK
How Sissoko escaped a card for launching into the keeper...? A bad day at the office

Perversely he's getting found out and VAR is smoothing out the obvious refereeing frailties!!! Seen him live a few times and he's nowhere near the top 10 referees in the SG!!

I definitely think he's in the top 10 - I'd put him comfortably in the top 5 and it looks very likely he'll be going to the Euros.

It is a bit of a worrying trend that he's needed VAR to intervene four times in December alone though.

I say what I see and he’s been bang average at BDTBL, some good ones coming through I see but he’s not impressed me for a long while...

The FA and UEFA obviously disagree, as the latter's independent observers have him as England's top referee and he will almost certainly go to the Euros as England's sole representative.

Back