A&H

Surprise Appointment

Hoppy2011

Level 7 Referee
Due to personal reasons I am only doing junior football this season, so you can imagine my surprise to see the Saturday League Refs Appt Secs number flashing on my mobile yesterday evening. He wanted me to take a potentially fiesty game as he wanted a strong ref and didnt have anyone else he felt would handle it as well as i would, was flattered and obviously have accepted the appointment, i know that this game will either go 2 ways, a 90 minute game of football which will pass without major incident or we will be lucky to finish the game.

The Referee Store
Always nice to get an appointment like this. Let us know how it goes

Well it was not a game for the feint hearted, mass confrontation on 43 minutes, led to misconduct report for spectators entering FOP. 4 Cautions 2 penalties and some meaty tackles, could really have done with some Neutral Assistants but knew that was never a possibility.

Just got a massive shock!

I'm sure some of you will know that 20+ years ago Maidstone UTD went under. Since then they have had some really tough years and to their credit they know have a brand new 2,000 seater 3G pitch in the middle of Maidstone. Only opened in the summer.

I've just found out I'm going to be REFEREE for the game with two officials in a U18 premier league game in a few weeks time!!! totally shocked.

After a not so great morning at work this has proper cheered me up!! so chuffered but already nervous!!!

bloody hell!!!! cant wait for them sort of appointments! good luck

I know may. I don't think any more than a few hundred ppl will be there - if that - but the experience of that stadium and getting ready there - just excited. Must have some trust in me. Just really excited.

I know may. I don't think any more than a few hundred ppl will be there - if that - but the experience of that stadium and getting ready there - just excited. Must have some trust in me. Just really excited.

Back