A&H

Sunday League Quotes

Redref34

Level 5 Referee
Evening all

Wondering if anyone had any belters that players are coaches have said to them over the years.

I referee a Sunday league game on Sunday and three stood out before the game…

Away team coach ‘yeh well we often get referees that bow down to the top teams because it is them’

Second away team coach ‘last weeks ref, he just refereed it a bit too professionally’

Home team coach ‘last time we played these we had to lock the referee in the changing room after the game’

I laugh them all off, I’m pretty sure what they are trying to achieve but it doesn’t wash with me!

The Referee Store
Evening all

Wondering if anyone had any belters that players are coaches have said to them over the years.

Away team coach ‘yeh well we often get referees that bow down to the top teams because it is them’

Second away team coach ‘last weeks ref, he just refereed it a bit too professionally’

Home team coach ‘last time we played these we had to lock the referee in the changing room after the game’

I laugh them all off, I’m pretty sure what they are trying to achieve but it doesn’t wash with me!
Although not adults Sunday league- u15’s. I gave a foul against the white team. White defender says ‘it was an accident, it can’t be a foul?’

Booking a player at U18 Sunday League.

“What number are you mate?” - me

“07981..”

Must’ve rattled off a decent few digits of his phone number before i realised

Last edited:
After a U16 game last season:

Manager: "Ref that was 100% a penalty. You know I'm a ref too right?"
Me: "Oh yeah, what level?"
Manager: "What level are you?"
Me: "7"
Manager: "Well I'm a level 8, so I outrank you and am going to report you to the league for being a sh*t ref"
Me: "You don't look 14 or 15 to me"
And then I walked away and he looked very confused 😂

(I'm pretty sure it was officially level Y last season, but I had heard others call it level 8)

Just recently had a manager demand to know my name and address after the game.
😂
I’ve had managers ask my name, or ‘details’ but never address. One team asked me for my ‘details’ 2 weeks ago. I look confused and said ‘what details?’ And they asked if I had a business card with my details on. I would be doing well to have a business at 17 😂😂

After a U16 game last season:

Manager: "Ref that was 100% a penalty. You know I'm a ref too right?"
Me: "Oh yeah, what level?"
Manager: "What level are you?"
Me: "7"
Manager: "Well I'm a level 8, so I outrank you and am going to report you to the league for being a sh*t ref"
Me: "You don't look 14 or 15 to me"
And then I walked away and he looked very confused 😂

(I'm pretty sure it was officially level Y last season, but I had heard others call it level 8)
Sunday League match in Sheffield maybe 5 years ago. I walk to the pitch to inspect (knowing it was frozen solid and pretty annoyed that the home.team hadn't called it off and saved us all the bother). Home team player joins me. I take 2 steps onto the pitch and its frozen solid. So I say its off and start walking back and he says he's going to report me blah blah and that he's a qualified ref. "What level"......."2". Obviously he got told to go away and stop talking male cow faeces

Evening all

I’ve had a couple good ones.

“I thought you were **** today ref but thanks for turning up”

“How can it be a red, it’s my first offence”

“You really love yourself don’t you ref”

Back