A&H

Spurs v Man City

Kinsleyr

Does anyone not think the goal shouldn't have been disallowed as the keeper was clearly impeded on the corner to the extent the attacking player is almost nudging him out of the way before the ball comes in and then backs into the keeper as he's trying to get to the ball? Considering VAR was used in this match I'm surprised it wasn't reviewed?

The Referee Store
No. It wasn't a foul. The keeper comes forward, and as such, there is contact. It's his own fault. He also initiates the pushing by putting his arm on the City player. It was a good decision both on field and from VAR for me.

Not a foul for me, the attacker is allowed to just stand there, he isn't obliged to move out of the way to let the keeper get to the ball. It was very different to the Burnley vs Luton game as in that one the attacker moved away from the ball towards the keeper, that didn't happen here.

In terms of VAR, it was reviewed as every goal gets checked. They just didn't think it was a foul, and nor should they have.

In terms of VAR, it was reviewed as every goal gets checked. They just didn't think it was a foul, and nor should they have.
Agree, but nitpicking language: it was “checked“ by the VAR, as all goals are. It was not “reviewed” because during the check the VAR did not identify a C&O error that required the R to review.

Back