A&H

Splitting headache after game

The Referee Store
For what its worth i tend to make my own 'isotonic' drink.... Basically make orange squash and add a pinch of salt.... I also used to get headaches following matches and this did wonders for me... much cheaper than buying it from from a supermarket and tbh in a 90 minute game the majority of the time you wont really need the amount of carbohydrate you get from lucozade et al anyway...

Reactions: SM
@CallumRushton13 very interesting. I'm going to try this at the weekend as been suffering from headaches recently after games. Will report back how this works out for me.

Should have said what sort of quantity of liquid are you making?

Or a heat thing. It has cooled a lot

May be right. Could be a combination. I'm just happy I can enjoy my games again.

That reminds me I must do a write up on my game last weekend. Most enjoyable game I've ever refereed. After two nightmare games, brought back my passion big time. Wasn't far away from hanging up the whistle going into last weekend!

Re headaches it will be interesting to see. Also sounds silly but I've STOPPED drinking isotonic drinks on game days which has helped. Slightly anti logical....

Probably the sun reflecting off those white pitches

No sun, no headaches....simples :)

My first sign of dehydration is usually a headache.

Best tip I was given around hydration, is to pre-hydrate carefully. So while I would normally drink around a litre a day of water, on top of the usual fluid intake - tea/coffee/ food / wine/beer etc. If I have a middle on a Saturday, I would drink my usual amount Sun-Weds. On Thurs, would try and make sure I drank an extra litre of water, and on the Friday an extra two litres-ish on top of the 'norm'.

That way, come Saturday, I am already well-hydrated and not having to drink so much pre-game/half time and needing to pee for half the game!

Back